Top Athletes in 1A Football

ATY

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collin Bodiford. Not only is he a great football player..he is even better at baseball and though he hasnt played basketball for Fayette since he was a sophomore..he was also very good at basketball. Collin is a great overall athete and is good at any sport he wants to play. And congratulations to him for being named a Mr. Football finalist.

Edited by FAVval

Region 2

All Around- Trae Helton/Taylor Yoakley

QB-Mark Cunningham/Ricky Lowe

RB-Greg Way

WR-Taylor Yoakley/Trae Helton/Steven Hensley

Cunningham and Lowe throw the ball, when i hear athletic at QB i think a runner. Zach Smith, Austin James, and Miles Chaney are the best there in my opinion. At running back, Way is a biggy, Gilbert from CO, and a healthy Rhyne Douglas. At wideout, i gotta give it to Helton. Those other two are close behind. Grigsby from Oneida ran over some guys this year, TNfball, he was the guy who ran in between people to catch a punt for myabe one yard gain, we didn't know what he was thinking but the kid is tough, and a good kicker(played for U.S. Junior soccer team). All of these are good atheletes.

i know its already been said but Collin Bodiford is def. one of the best athletes in 1a, he does it all, runs over people, makes spectacular catches, kicks, tackles, can throw a baseball near 80 mph, can hit the ball anywhere, shoot a good looking jump shot...the kid is like the ironman.....GOOD LUCK VIKINGS!!!

I was fortunate enough to see Collin Bodiford play last Friday against JCS and when I say fortunate, I do mean fortunate. First of all, he mostly plays quarterback for the Vikings. However, he also plays tailback, wide receiver, wingback, cornerback, and he started the season playing free safety. Along with that he kicks off, punts, returns kickoffs and punts; he may even play the drums at halftime, lol. This guy is an all-around player. When Fayette's star tailback went out at the end of the first half Bodiford carried the rock for the Vikings for the remainder of the game. All he did was run above, around, and through JCS's defense to the tune of 238 yards in the second half along with 4 touchdowns. To top it all off he threw for the game winning two-point conversion. I for one listened about how good this guy was and thought maybe he was overrated, but he has made me a believer. He showed an unbelievable desire to win, carrying the ball 23 times along with playing every play on defense and not ever getting a break on special teams.