Cleveland @ Ooltewah- "The ShowDown"

ChattSportsWriter11

Talk about one of the best early season games you can find in the area. Cleveland who made it to the sub-state last year, but lost several players, are getting ready to travel to Ooltewah Tuesday night. Both teams have so much to prove in this early season matchup.

Cleveland led by Charles Little and Jay Davis really need to prove that they haven't lost anything from last year. They have been talked down alot this year and have to prove that they are the same type calliber team as last years SubState team. The Raiders have the two veterans ( Little and Davis ), but need too look for someone young to step up and fill the shoe's of transfer Tim Cooper and grad Trey Sharpe. The Raiders lost an early season match up to a tough Farragut team. The Raiders have a lot to prove come Tuesday night.

Ooltewah has to prove that all this preseason hype they have been getting is for real. Everyone has said they will be able to hang with the Clevelands and Bradleys and such. Well Tuesday night will be the first night to prove that theory. Ooltewah has already jumped out to a 2-0 start with a qaulity win over a fairly good East Ridge team by 16 points. Ooltewah has to make a trip to Tellico Plains on Monday night and should enter this game with a perfect record of 3-0. Ooltewah is a well balanced team and is pretty good all around. All they lack is height. They have some but not a tremendous amount, and someone has to step up and hold Charles Little. The two teams met this Summer and Ooltewah won the game by 4 points (When Cleveland had Cooper). This will be a great matchup and should set the tone for each others season. Any comments and predictions on this game??

Girls Varsity @ 6

Boys Varsity @ 7

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A game too tough to actually give a spread on, if you ask me... I think Ooltewah wants this game badly and to prove that they are the real deal. Cleveland may or may not come out thinking that they can just dominate Ooltewah like in last years late season game.

Ooltewah has an answer for Clevelands Little in 6'4" post Courtney White. If Ooltewahs guard play is as good as it has been recently then this game should be a win for the Owls.

Cleveland definitely has to have some of these 'young guns' step up and play ball if they want to keep pace with Ooltewahs experienced, and fast paced group of players...Also Little is going to HAVE to be the monster on the boards that his height and leaping ability say he can. In games past hes been pushed off the boards by smaller players so who can really tell....

Guesswho, do you even know anything about Clevelands team this year? They have Jay Davis and Charles Little(who is 6'5" not 6'8", TFP always gets this wrong) they have 3 Soph's starting...and Charles Little is not the dominant force everyone thinks. With only one real threat in his guards and Ooltewah dropping in to double him he will not be the deciding factor, and while Jay Davis is good he is not good enough to make up for the loss of Tim Cooper. Ooltewah beat Cleveland by 4 this summer, when Tim Cooper was still with Cleveland and so unless Ooltewah plays poorly I think we can all guess the outcome of this game...

ok bigblue well see on tuesday... and yes Baker does have them running and gunning... they are up and down the court all game long... everyone in their starting 5 has the wind and the quickness to get steals and move it up court 32 minutes per night! I think Cleveland will be good this year but when you lose that many playersafter a great season and everyone hsa such a high regard for you there is a BIG chance for a letdown... my predictions are based on the only recent game involving the athletes that both schools currently have on their rosters...Ooltewah in a close one, then again mabe not as close as Im saying...

Edited by stayNskool