Boyd vs. CAK

bucsfan

I just felt i needed to tell what #30's actual words were. That does not make my post unclassy. Quoting a cussword is much different than using one as an explitive.

This is Coacht's house. Would you use that word in front of his wife or daughters? You will NOT use it here. It has been removed and not referred to again or this thread is locked.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great run for the Warriors. All the people posting on hear saying Cak was nothing cant take away from the season the warriors had. I'm proud of my boys more noe than ever. When a team is good enough to get into the playoffs then you either win state or end on a loss, and thats hard but thats the game. This Warriors team wont be forgotten by many people, especially those on roan mountain. And for the record being beaten hurts of course, but its insult to injury when the team that beats you is the most classless team you've played all year. Boyd had 10 penalties for 105 yards. And that is what the refs caught. Let that be the story of the game. Cak got thoroughly beaten, but after wishing the boyd players state after the game and having their players tell us we stink, I hope DCA beats them so bad not one boyd player ever wants to put on pads again. Let Boyds action of having a 15 yarder for spearing our Quarterback linger on your mind for awhile

Warriors 2001 0-8

Warriors 2002 3-7

Warriors 2003 8-5 Sectional Champs!

I said it greats to be a CAK Warrior

Edited by DurangoBlitz72

robjim, youre right, that language should not be used here, but it also should be known what happened and action needs to be taken for his terrible sportsmanship. the boys were excited all week to play a quality opponent that they expected, since they represent Jesus Christ, to have as good of sportsmanship as any team theyve played. I was very dissapointed to hear all the things that were said from the Boyd Buchanan team, and even when i was walking through the line watching our players and their shaking hands, to hear players like #30 tell my boys how "terrible" they were. Dont get me wrong, there were some classy young men on the team telling 30 to stop and congratulating us on a great season, but when the losing team has enough fortitude to tell a team that beat them handily good job, class should be taken from both sides. and golfpro, what right do you have to say anything, who are you, what position do you play on this team. im sure if Coach Akins knew who you were, youd be running till the sun came up in the morning.

Coach Logan,

If you're really a "Coach" perhaps you might (after praying about it) want to take some action in reporting these character/behavior issues to the proper Boyd Buchanan authorities. If perhaps you're more of a "player coach", you (and perhaps some of your player-coach mates) might want to consider sharing your observations with the appropriate CAK authorities - in this case I suppose that would be Coach Young or one of his assistants.

It does seem like both teams should have a priority of exemplifying the character of Christ even in the heat of the football battle. But as the scripture says, "the spirit is willing but the flesh is very weak". And it's also my conclusion that there are students at every Christian school who either aren't saved or are living lives that are very far from the Lord. If number 30 is truly guilty as charged (if so I'm sure some of his teammates also heard him), he's certainly fallen extremely of the Christian mark and might be helped by a bit of reproof from his coach and school.

Perhaps you should consider taking your disappointment from the game to the Lord - He's very familiar with the subject after having been betrayed by His entire team (the disciples) just before the biggest game of His life, the world playoff title game against Lucifer & Diablo Tech! As you've probably seen, trying to work out this particular matter in this forum may not prove to be a very satisfying endeavor.

Peace to each of you from the Prince of Peace

Here is an official thanks to CAK for their hospitality Friday night. You guys have a fine program and wonderful people and as I told several parents before the game we rooted for you guys all the way in the previous rounds...we remember what it is like to have that first great season, it wasn't that long ago for us.

Let's all quit making accusations about kids on either team. Kids are kids and sometimes don't behave the way we know they should. I have coached a long time and am sometimes dissapointed but more often just mystified at some decisions teenagers make. Our job is to guide them as much by example as anything, and I am not sure that talking about any player on the boards in a negative way is setting a good example.

We meet tomorrow afternoon to break down film...I will address the issue with Coach Akins.

Again, congratulations to the Warriors' players and coaches on a great year.

Thanks BaldCoach,

I'm not an "official" voice of CAK, but I'm sure Coach Young and staff would also be interested in addressing any issues that existed on our side of the ball.

If I'm not mistaken, it's going to be the Christians against the Christiams again next Friday (which I think is really cool), but may the blessing of the Lord be with you.

I haven't read through these pages yet so if i say something tha thas already been said, don't hold it against me. I think CAK had a heck of a season winning 9 games. I've come to respect them since we played them. We beat them, but they beat every team that beat us, so it's hard not to recognize them as a heck of a team. Bill Young has got to be a lock now for Region 2 Coach of the Year and Cunningham has to be close for MVP. I wouldn't have lost any respect for this team if they would have lost by 100, they are a heck of a group. Congradulations to CAK and dito to Boyd for taking down in my opinion what was the hottest team in the state.

you think wrong...cak just doesnt have what it takes...they didnt even belong in the simi's this year...and the score showed it, it would have been a disgrace to 1A if they would have represented in the state.

Did Boyd even win a game its third varsity season? Nothing you say can take away from the extraordinary accomplishments of this year's CAK football team.