Milan vs. Huntingdon II

tricklician

It was week 7.

I guess Milan fans are confident right now. No disrespect to Huntingdon, ya"ll have a good team, but we have beaten 3 other teams who are better than Huntingdon this year. JCM, Covington, and Carver would beat the Mustangs. Most years your team this year would be good enough to make it to the boro' ,but Milan has an exceptional team this year.

Can Huntingdon throw the ball consistently down the field? The answer is no. Huntingdon will HAVE to throw the ball down the field to beat Milan. Huntingdon won't run for 300 yds. on our defense like you have other teams.

I really don't see how anyone can make this statement, Covington is overated. I believe you stated yourself it was easier to win in 3A than 2A. I'm not trying to down them but they DID lose to Obion, who lost to McKenzie 22-0. I think Huntingdon played you closer than either of the other two teams you mentioned. Let me remind you that the mighty Bulldogs only scored 7 in the 2nd half against the Stangs and held ya'll to the lowest scoring output of the year. That was with little help from the offense on that night. I might also say if you thought you saw our best personel or playcalling in that contest you are in for a rude awakening. Milan has a phenomenal team, and it will take Huntingdon's best effort and also a few breaks to win.

Covington isn't overated. Have you seen them play? Yes, 2A is more difficult than 3A, but that doesn't mean Huntingdon is better than Covington.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Milan fans are confident right now. No disrespect to Huntingdon, ya"ll have a good team, but we have beaten 3 other teams who are better than Huntingdon this year. JCM, Covington, and Carver would beat the Mustangs. Most years your team this year would be good enough to make it to the boro' ,but Milan has an exceptional team this year.

Let's be honest... JCM was nowhere near 100% when Milan played them. Had that game been played in a different week, the score would have been closer.

I can also guarantee you H'don is much better than they were in week 7, and not having seen Carver, I still have a hard time believing they would be able to beat the Stangs. You will be seeing a different H'don team in week 14 than you saw 7 weeks ago.

If Milan/JCM played again, it would be a great game, but I feel like Milan would win by at least 2 td's. I fully expect Huntingdon to be much better this week but so will Milan.

I"ll be the first to admit that the Mustangs have the playmakers to beat Milan but I feel like Milan has a big advantage in the kicking game and at QB.

9yearold - I think you right on ther point of Huntingdon being so one dimensional. They will have to pass at least some or Milan will put 9 in the box to stop the two backs. I know that Huntingdon is a MUCH improved team with their changes in the lineup since week 7. It is also a lot harder to key on two different backs when they are on the field at the same time. I know as well as everyone else that after the films are broken down it comes down to execution. The team which executes their gameplan and protects the football will win 95% on the time. I look for a very hard fought with emotions very high. Both programs have a lot to be proud of and regardless of the outcome, both had great years.

GO DAWGS - 26-13

9yearold - I think you right on ther point of Huntingdon being so one dimensional. They will have to pass at least some or Milan will put 9 in the box to stop the two backs. I know that Huntingdon is a MUCH improved team with their changes in the lineup since week 7. It is also a lot harder to key on two different backs when they are on the field at the same time. I know as well as everyone else that after the films are broken down it comes down to execution. The team which executes their gameplan and protects the football will win 95% on the time. I look for a very hard fought with emotions very high. Both programs have a lot to be proud of and regardless of the outcome, both had great years.

GO DAWGS - 26-13

Where have you been? These guys are killing me!

Seriously, like I said before, whoever has the least turnovers will win this game. We beat Carver because they had 5 turnovers and we had none. That was the difference in that game.

GO DAWGS - 26-13

I agree with everything you said except the last part.

Huntingdon 21

Milan 17

Edited by mood1801

Sorry about leaving you hanging earlier - Church thing with R2 all day. Man are ready for Friday night or what? After all the smack talked all week this is going to be huge.

Carver did kill themselves with mistakes last night. I keep hearing all about Huntingdon's improvement and how they didn't play well last game. Do they think we played our best game last time?