who yah takin Oakridge or Riverdale?

oaklandfballer

Hey guys I'd like to get all your input on this. I play for Oakland and I've played against Riverdale and know what their players look like and watched them play Lincoln county last week. They look good I mean their defense is tremendously fast....UH... I watched Oakridge play Jefferson County in week 2 of the playoffs but im just not real sure how good they are be cause Jefferson county didn't look too good to me....I mean oakridge runs the fball riverdale stops the run... but its at oakridge thats huge?? What do youll think?? Come on Oakridge coacht.com fans reply...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if Riverdale stops Oak Ridges running game then their playing in the wrong league. Their sweep is the best I've seen, ever! Booker is a threat to take it in every time he touches the ball. Gulmire is just as good, but don't get as many carries. Oak Ridges line is big and very quick on both sides of the ball. If Booker breaks into your secondary, forget it.

Well I don't know about the sweep against Riverdale I just don't think that will work but a fake outside or fakes here and there might hurt Riverdale cause they're so quick to the fball ad they over persue but...if you wanna beat riverdale u better do it now cause they've got their hole team comming back next year ....I mean it being in oakridge is just a huge advantage..Riverdale has seen their share of great running backs like booker but they haven't seen a fb like number 1 for u guys I've seen him play he's a stud

well, i understand that OR may have a great sweep or that their tb better not get in our secondary, but i also understand RHS has two tbs that'll leave a trail of burnt grass behind em if they get loose. I honestly dont think, and not just because of who i am cheering for, that OR will be able to line up and pound the ball on RHS or break big ones outside. RHS defense is too strong and too fast now for anyone to do that, as was shown friday nite by their hounding of LC Mr. Universe Michael Edmiston, who i would argue is the best athlete in 5a, if not in the state.

Good luck to both teams on friday, but i will be in mississippi with riverdale--yeah, he's my dad.

To the staff at RHS, there are not enough kind or gratifying words to say about yall. Yall always manage to get the most out of your players, because you are the kinds of coaches that kids want to play for. Best of luck on friday at oak ridge, and bring back a win.

As always, my last thought goes to the offensive line--do your thing boys. Yall have surprised the heck out of me, so just be consistent and do what you do. Whether we win or lose is dependent on yall, so fight your butts off so i can watch yall at Floyd Stadium in a couple of weeks. YOUR MY BOY CHUNK!!!!!

wacojaco...Why will we be suprised i'm just wondering...I"m not being a smart alec or anything but do you think Oakridge will be able to sit there and pound the football on oakridge....Hey riverdale buddy...Do you know phillip Thomas...That use to be my boy in 2nd grade i was wonderin if u could give me some information on him

....I mean it being in oakridge is just a huge advantage..

Don't put any negative thoughts into Riverdale about being in someone else's house. We (Lincoln County Fans) thought that playing at "The Pit" would be a huge advantage to us, too. Riverdale showed we can lose at home, so hopefully they will remember that next week.

Good luck to you Warriors. We want you to go all the way!

Yes I think they will be able to pound the football on Riverdale. Their offensive line is big, strong and quick. They pull on those sweeps quicker than any team iv'e seen. Both of their backs, Booker & Gulmire, are very quick and make great reads and cuts. They can also run like a 250lb. fullback until they break into the open. Booker will be the best back Riverdale has faced this year. And don't let their running game fool you. They can throw with great sucess when they want. The QB is smart and has a good arm, and the receivers are good athletes that can burn you. I give the coaching edge to Riverdale and the player edge to Oak Ridge.

Wacojaco,

I thought you were a Kingsport fan. How in the world do you know Oak Ridge has an edge in any area? How many times have you seen Oak Ridge play this season? How many times have you seen Riverdale play this season?

All I'm going to say this week about OR vs Riverdale is all I said last week on CoachT.com... GO OAK RIDGE! :)