who yah takin Oakridge or Riverdale?

oaklandfballer

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok !st of all CPA is a 1a but they asked to play us...umm lets think how many 5a highschools are in m'boro oh rhs bhs ohs shs.....thats 4 how many in oakridge? Also did yall play Lincoln Co the number 1 team in the state and beat them...no granted you did beat dobyns bennet....which is an accomplishment rhs schedule and region is most definatley harder than oakridge so anything else you would like to say about schedules?

I dont think schedules mean a whole lot in the scope of playoff time. If you have made it to the semi finals both teams have played some really good teams. Ranking doesn't really mean squat now. If you were a top 10 team the tools were there for a run at the championship. Anything can happen on any given night. Example: OR turns over the ball 4 times first half DB turns it over 4 times in the second half. ANYTHING can happen. IF OR and DB had played a week later something else would have happened.

Personally I think it is the strength of the Scout team in practice 4 days a week that means a lot more than the schedule strength. Thats just my opnion. I may not be right, I may not be wrong. I am probably wrong more than right but every now and then I hit the nail on the head.

Roll Cats ROLL

Guest region4fan

So Wildcat, did you play Brentwood Academy, MBA, or even BGA? How about Gallatin, Franklin, Brentwood, Hendersonville, Lincoln County, Dickson County? No I didn't think so.................but the teams in Region 4 did.............and most of those games were NON-REGION!! Riverdale played Lincoln County and Dickson County as NON REGION games. They can't help it if they have trouble getting other teams to schedule them, can they?? CPA is a brave team. They schedule the best competition that they can whether it is regular season games or scrimmages. You are close to Maryville...............did you play them???

Guest region4fan

Of course it does. It means that all our "bajillion" kids are spread out within 4 different schools in the Boro. It means that the talentpool is spread out. If we were like OR and got to have one big school w/o anyone separated...........well no one else would ever have a chance to win the gold ball. Can you imagine the results if one school had all those athletes???? WOW!! Well, we would be like Lincoln County....all the talent concentrated in one place and all the feeder schools running the high school's offensive and defensive schemes. Light years ahead of the game. As it is now, Central Middle feeds both Oakland and Riverdale High School. So they don't learn the high school schemes til their freshman year, which puts the players behind towns that only have one school like OR or Lincoln County. That is why Oakland only had 31 players this year, and Siegel had 40, and Blackman had 45.....cause Siegel opened up and toolk athletes and students away from both schools. That is why Riverdale still had 90 players...cause they didn't feed Siegel High. And it doesn't hurt to have gone to the Blue Cross Bowl consistently thru thru the years either. Kids line up to be a part of that. So yes, it does hurt to have 4 5A high schools in one town and 6 5A schools in the county. We also have one 1A in the county, Eagleville High. So the pool is further dried up.