who yah takin Oakridge or Riverdale?

oaklandfballer

Last I heard the number of schools correlates with the total population of the town;therefore Murfreesboro will logically have more schools. What does it really matter which town has more 5a schools anyway? It does not matter what anyone says or thinks about the game on this message board. What it all comes down to is 2 1/2 hours tomorrow night that only the boys and the coaches control. You never know what will happen and who will win. It all depends who shows up and wants it more. Respect, integrity and love of the game are the values that these boys will learn and take with them through life. Years from now they will look back and remember playing this game and how excited they were. They will remember playing their hearts out to win for the coaches, fans and most important themselves. One team will go home a losing team, but they will also gain a valubale life lesson. They will learn that life will bring disappointments , and the important thing is how you handle it. I would like to wish both teams good luck. Remember that you have been given a valuable life experience. They might not realize it now , but in the future the boys will realize they are the lucky ones.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, let's see about strength of schedule.

Riverdale's opponents record - 68-65

Oak Ridge's opponents record - 59-60

Riverdale played 5 teams with winning record and one .500 team.

Oak Ridge played 4 teams with winning record and one .500 team.

Yes, I think I see what you mean....not.

As for the draining of the talent pool because of 4 5-A teams in your town, let's see..

Siegel 0-10

Oakland 4-7

Blackman 4-6

combined total of 8-23.

Yeah, they have taken all your talent and won 8 games. I see how that hurt you....not.

Come up Friday night and play a REAL football team, and come watch 'em next Sat. in your town while you bounce a round ball.

Roll Wildcats Roll!!!

Take no prisoners.

Guest region4fan

See a real football team??? Been doing that all season.................any team in region 4 practices REAL football. Let me reamind you who you are playing...........RIVERDALE. They have 3 gold balls and numerous Blue cross appearances. When was the last time YOU were there??

Also BEFORE Siegel opened this year...............both Oakland and Blackman were defeated in the playoffs by none other than Riverdale. ( Oakland in the 2nd round, and Blackman in the 3rd.) Riverdale went on to the Bowl game and was defeated by Brentwood. It is very rare for a Blue cross game not to have a region 4 team in it. Oakland won the state in 98, made it to the semi's in 99. Riverdale has been there every year since / Where was Oak Ridge?? Blackman in its first 3 yrs of varsity ball made it to the play-offs...unheard of in Tennessee. Riverdale has 3 gold balls, and Oakland has 2.That's not too shabby. Both schools have been in the final game , and lost also. Now you see what I mean

like Lincoln County....all the talent concentrated in one place and all the feeder schools running the high school's offensive and defensive schemes. Light years ahead of the game.

region4fan, all that sounds good when you say it quickly, but that AIN'T the way it really is. All those feeder schools DON'T run the same schemes...MISTAKE. The kids in LC don't get to high school until they are 10th graders. Only then, do they have the opportunity to acclimate themselves to real Falcon Football. They've gotta learn quickly.

That said, I think Riverdale has the ability to beat Oak Ridge. I don't think Oak Ridge is any better than Lincoln County. Of course, there is no doubt in my mind that Oak Ridge has the ability to beat Riverdale. It'll probably be like the Riverdale vs LC game. Mistakes will make the difference. I can't believe the mistakes LC made when it counted. If OR does the same thing, Riverdale will win.

At this time of the year, ya can't fumble and commit costly penalties. If either teams does, they lose.

Go Warriors!!!

Region4fan, why don't you stop being so nasty to everyone?

And, FYI, Oak Ridge doesn't need a reminder that they are playing RIVERDALE tomorrow night. They are very aware of it, been preparing for it since last Friday night. And, they have the utmost respect and admiration for Riverdale. As we Oak Ridgers do.

As for the balls........check out OR's history. It's one we are very proud of! Just as you Warriors are proud of yours. No one can deny that both our teams have a rich history! So, lay off that. And it really doesn't matter how many "gold balls" you all have or we have. None of the games already played this season matter right now.........the game next week for the "gold ball" doesn't matter! The 48 min. of football played tomorrow night are all that matter right now. One step at a time. So, let the boys enjoy this moment they have worked so hard for (both teams) without whining about strengh of schedules and all that.

The Atomic City welcomes you Riverdale Warriors and ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!

Guest region4fan

Since Mary avoided answering me, I will answer for her. Oak Ridge won its last gold ball in 91. region 4 football in Middle TN has pretty much dominated since. i will also add that Oakland made quite a name for itself in the 80's. I will also remind you that Riverdale and Oakland have only been in existence since 73, so that is a pretty rich tradition and history. Sorry, not around in 58. I never said that oak Ridge wasn't good. You should be very proud of all your team has accomplished. They have to be exceptional to be in the semi's. Luck won't get you that far! Only athletes and good coaching. However,I think it is amusing that I am being questioned about everything including my childhood....yet I am called nasty??I am only defending Region 4 and Middle TN football......namely Riverdale. that is what the boards are about........having fun and arguing. What's wrong with you guys?? If you defeat Riverdale, and have to play Franklin....wait til you tangle with FHSREBEL27 if you think I am bad. Boy oh boy will he TEAR you up!! Good Luck and try not to be so sensitive!!

I have been trying to read these messages with an open mind and not open my mouth but one statement made by Cats baffles me. He said "Come up here and play a REAL team." Hmmmm, pretty sure Riverdale has played some real teams buddy. Pretty sure Lincoln County was number 1 in the state and we played them twice already, oh yeah and they played a pretty good Dickson County team and Smyrna team as well. Yeah Oak Ridge has a great history, a history that was good from what the 50s to the very early 90s. I have been following Riverdale since I was a young kid in the early 90s and yes I have heard of Oak Ridge and their great stadium but can't even remember the last time your team made it this far. It should be a great game, it really should be, I hear you have two great tailbacks. The bottom line is Riverdale has played teams that are REAL, maybe you should look in the mirror because over the past 10 years Riverdale has faired pretty good against teams in the east, I can only remember a few times we lost to teams out east, one being a team in Knoxville that decided to water the fields all afternoon before the game to try to slow them down and if there is another I cannot recall right now. The only REAL team in east Tennessee the past 5 years has been Maryville. The question I have for Oak Ridge fans, is this a one good year and done deal, or will you even be in the playoffs next year. This was suppose to be a down year for the Warriors and look where they are. Oak Ridge starts 18 seniors I hear, yeah you better get the Warriors this year cause the prospects don't look to bright for next especially considering the East team has to travel to Middle Tennessee. GO WARRIORS!

I would like to say that I was not aware that the question was posed directly to me. I thought it was either posed to someone else or it was a rhetorical question. A question that you did not want answered but wanted to state. Yes, 91 was the last time. That is correct. 2003 will be the next. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

youll oakridge fans are loyal i'll give you that but youll sure do think youll are the best thing on this earth now dont yah??you said oakland was 4-7 whoever said that we played ba try no one beatin them in 5a they're unstoppable,franklin,riverdale,lincoln county twice,smryna, lets see who oakrdige played..........um...........still thinking........um.........oh yea DB I forgot...don't say soddy daisy please we beat them in a scrimage 28-0

It is funny to me to see Oak Ridge people vs Oakland and Region4 fans. Funny how no Riverdale people are talking junk on here b/c they got people in their region to do it for them. It just seems to me that you region 4 people are pickin on Oak Ridge and keep talking about how big and bad all the teams are in region4.

Just play ball who cares. Both teams are good and have earned their way here. Both play tough teams. Do you actually think that a message board is ever going to settle an argument like this? No