Halftime Band..boost or bore?

Dart

Dear Dart,

Sorry I got a little mad. I just get so upset when people talk about the band like that and I have to say what I am thinking. I am glad you understand why the band plays the same show every game. I am also glad you think the band adds enthusiasm to the crowd. If the high school bands were able to change field shows, believe me I would love doing different shows. It gets old practicing the same songs every Tues., Thurs., and Friday nights. Thanks for reading my post.

GOD BLESS!!!

Edited by mustangbandie

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will always be some annimostiy between the band and football team at some schools. There is definately some at ours.

They get very upset when the team comes out of halftime and warm up in the endzones. I've heard parents say that the halftime is their time. This year we had to beg ours to play at a playoff game. They had the money to travel, just didn't want to. I guess your opinion on this subject depends on the relationship between the band and football team at your school.

I am proud to say, that as a member of the Franklin High School Marching Band, there is nothing but good spirits, friendship, and mutual respect between the band, and the football team. Too many of you posters make it seem as though the band doesnt care about the football games, and that we are only there to "practice" for competitions... while, yes, it gives bands an extra opportunity to do their show in front of a crowd, I know that over 95% of our band throoughly enjoys watching the games, and are avid fans. I, myself, am one of Franklin Football's BIGGEST fans... and you can ask any of the other Rebel posters to verify that for you. But one thing I have seen from our football program this year is great respect for the band. For the Williamson Co. Band Expo that we host at FHS each year, I saw several players there, supporting the band. I have seen, numerous times throughout the year during key points in the game, football players turning to the band to encourage us to play, and even taking part in things like the "Tomahawk Chop" and yelling "Go, Rebels, GO!" during the intro to the fight song. Mac Cross even went as far after the first Brentwood game, to telling me that band played a part in BHS missing their FG in OT... they couldn't hear the snap, and we were able to get over the line and block it. I say all of these things, but then I realize that Franklin, as far as community feel and respect among clubs and organizations is in a class of their own. I am a Rebel. I am a Marching Rebel. But I am a Rebel. And I am proud to be Rebel. Let's Go Franklin... let's show everyone what being a Rebel is all about. BEAT GERMANTOWN, MAKE HISTORY, GO TO STATE!

rebsoftball1...I too am a Rebel, a former, longtime ago football Rebel, but a Rebel just the same. I have been to all but two games this season. Prior to this season I probably had not attended ten games in thirty years. However, this season I was at Fayetteville when it started and I was at Hendersonville last week. I can not tell you how pleasing it has been to watch the mutual respect and appreciation the band members/parents and football players/parents have for a each other. Was not so "back in the day". Glad to hear some of the band will be there Friday night. You guys have had alot to do with the winning atmosphere that has been Franklin High School Football 2003. I too am proud to be a Rebel. GO REBELS!