Earnest Williams-Thanks for the memories!

shane hay

Not too many players ever get to start as a freshmen, but Earnest Williams did. I felt like my heart was ripped out and put on a silver platter Friday night as I watched Earnest go down. At that moment winning the game didn't even matter. I would take a loss anytime than see him seriously injured. I am happy to say that his ankle is only sprained and that he is doing ok. I know it was hard for him to sit and watch the game from the sidelines. He wanted to play, because there is a fierce competitor within Earnest Williams. I would just like to thank him for the memories. I will forever remember the days of Earnest Williams at Cavalier Stadium. Not only his dedication on the field, but off the field as well. He has been an inspiration to my son and to my family as well. We lived for Friday night football. I told him that it didn't end Friday night, it was only the beginning. He will have better days ahead and my family will support him all the way. We will be there on Saturday's to see him play.

We love you Earnest and may God bless you in everything you do. You are truly the best athlete to ever come from Crockett County.

Thank you Cavalier Seniors and Coaching staff for a fantastic year!

Shane, Cathy, Olivia, and Owen Hay

Edited by shane hay

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I sure hated to hear that Earnest got hurt last night. What a way to cap a marvelous career. I sure don`t want to take anything away from Greenbrier`s win, but there are football fans all over West TN. who truley know the outcome would have been different if Earnest had been in there. I`ve enjoyed following his career ove the last few years. Thanks also to the Jackson Sun for providing the coverage. I always looked to see how Earnest did (and Artis too when he was there). I never saw him play but was still a big fan. Good luck to him in basketball and whereever he decides to attend college. He has more fans than he knows about here in good ol West TN. :D

I played against Earnest my senior year, his freshman year, in his first-ever game. Even though he wasn't the star of Crockett County that year, I knew there was potential in him. He was hard to bring down even then. I really hated to hear that the Cavs lost last night, and it was even harder when I heard that Earnest went down early in the game.

Hope the injury doesn't affect his college career or his senior year of basketball. Good luck to Earnest, and, as much as I hate to say these words, WAR EAGLE!

Yes, Earnest will play basketball. I talked to him tonight to see how he was and let him know that we would be at the basketball games to watch him play.

I am not for sure when he will be able to play, but he shouldn't be out long.

Earlier I stated that I wanted to thank the seniors. I would like to also thank everyone on the team. We have a fine group of young men. But we will truly miss the seniors; there was something extra special about those guys. Have lots of talent coming back next year.

GO CAVALIERS!

Edited by shane hay

Unfortunately for Earnest Williams he had to sit and watch Friday nite -- he was/is a great player-- I hope only the best for him in the future.

Question -- I read he is going to Auburn in an above post -- I had heard Ole Miss -- can anyone clarify this ??

Is the other running back "BOO" coming back next year or is he a senior also ??

Unfortunately for Earnest Williams he had to sit and watch Friday nite -- he was/is a great player-- I hope only the best for him in the future.

Question -- I read he is going to Auburn in an above post -- I had heard Ole Miss -- can anyone clarify this ??

Earnest has offers from both Auburn and Ole Miss. As well as other schools. Memphis might let him play offense, so that might pull at him a little bit, also Auburn might be headed toward a coaching change??? It wouldn't shock me to see him in Oxford.

Chris "Boo" Ingram was a senior also and ended his career Friday.

Earnest has offers from both Auburn and Ole Miss. As well as other schools. Memphis might let him play offense, so that might pull at him a little bit, also Auburn might be headed toward a coaching change??? It wouldn't shock me to see him in Oxford.

Chris "Boo" Ingram was a senior also and ended his career Friday.

Looks like Rod Smith is going to Ole Miss as well, probably as safety. Ole Miss are doing their homework by recruiting Earnest and Rod. UT better wake up and look at whats right here in their own state.