THANK YOU, LEWIS COUNTY

MrHonesty

I would like to take the time to thank everyone who was part of Lewis County's great run this year in Panther football. Despite what many outsiders and insiders alike say, it was truly a remarkable season and one we fans will remember for years to come.

Thank you Coach Sharp for leading the team to 12 consecutive wins and a great season indeed. It was your leadership and dedication as well as your devoted staff that helped take us as far as we went.

Thank you Panther players for putting in the time and effort to make this a great season. You endured a lot and never quit until the end.

Thank you Dr. Joey Hensley for hosting Carlos, our amazing kicker who won more than one game for us with his leg. We wouldn't have been 12-1 without him.

Thank you Benny Pace, Chad Moorehead, Mike Tatum and other school administrators who kept everything running smoothly and had Panther Stadium looking fantastic all year long. Lewis County, in my mind, has the best high school facilities and field in the State.

Thank you Panther fans who were loyal to the football team until the last snap last Friday night. Sure there are the 10% or so that make us look bad but I really believe 90% of our fans are a class act.

Thank you WMLR and your broadcasters who brought the games to those at home who for whatever reason couldn't make it to the games. You did a great job and brought the games right into our living room.

And finally, thank you Don Jones, for giving us so much information and statistics here on CoachT. You do an incredible job and are a great source for history and news.

Thanks again to everyone involved in this years wonderful Panther football season, and I can't wait until next August for it to start all over again.

And thank you for a real nice post... I have been writing stories for the Panthers since 1979, their first undefeated season.. at that time, I reported for the Daily Herald in Columbia.

I have done local writing off and on since 1987. I love Panther football and appreciate someone making a great post about the program. Cach Sharp was at our store for an hour or so today and we were already talking about next season. I can't wait!

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Yep nice post.....and thank you Don for everything you have done for this team. I am looking forward to coming back next year stronger, faster, and better than ever. I realized that I made the worst mistake of my life by not playing this past year and I am NEVER going to do that again. It was horrible and I am ready to get back on the field where I belong and do what I can to help the team next year. GO PANTHERS!!!

Thank you to the coaches, players, and fans for a fun year. You have been such a bright spot for our community who has recently had such hard times. The last 10 years you have won over 100 games and that shows the fight and determination that we have in our small county. Thanks again for the hard work and effort this year and remember, "Once a Panther, always a Panther".