Come on out and Root for Greenbrier!

GreenbrierCat2

Hey it's Thanksgiving weekend....what better way to spend your weekend than with good food and good local football?

Everyone that wants to see a great football game, come up to Greenbrier (on Hwy 41 halfway between Goodlettsville and Springfield) and root the Bobcats on to victory! Greenbrier will play Covington in the state semi-finals on Friday the 28th of December at 7:00 p.m at Greenbrier's stadium.

Hope to see you there!

GO BOBCATS!

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure of the name of the family diner either. Sonic is easy for our family, but there's larger restaurants like Shoney's, Applebys to the north of us and almost anything else to the south--within 15 minutes in either direction.

There are two directions in which you can get to Greenbrier. We are close to the interstate but do not have direct access to it. These directions are copied from the directions given to Crockett County fans:

When you get to Nashville, you will need to begin looking for I-65 North toward Louisville. You will follow I65 north until you get to Exit 98 (Millersville/Springfield) exit. At the bottom of the ramp, turn left and go back underneath the interstate bridge. Get into your far right lane, and about 1/10 of a mile later you will see a ramp that bears right (sorry but I don't even remember if it says "Ridgetop" or "Springfield" but I THINK it says Ridgetop.) Anyway, that ramp will dump you onto Hwy 41. (Greenbrier is about 8 miles from that point.) Follow that north and within minutes you will go up a steep ridge and you will see Ridgetop (a local speedtrap, so 40mph will keep you legal). About four more miles you will roll into Greenbrier. You can't miss the middle school on your left, and the football field is behind the middle school between G.M.S and G.H.S., which is not visible from the highway. Parking is available around the schools.

OR

I would also offer an alternate route for you so that you can avoid the construction nightmare that is I-65 north of Nashville. It may be a little longer route, but you can bypass a lot of the bad traffic and make it much, much quicker and save you a lot of headaches.

I would get off of I-40 at Exit 204 (Briley Pkwy/White Bridge Rd/Hwy 155).

Go left at end of ramp and take Briley Pkwy (Hwy 155) all the way to I-24 West.

Take I-24 West (towards Clarksville) to Exit 35 (Sprinfield/Joelton/Hwy 431).

Go right at end of ramp and go all the way to Hwy 41 in Sprinfield (about 13 miles). This is a TWO lane road.

Turn right onto Hwy 41 and go about 6 or 7 miles to Greenbrier.

The Middle School/Football field will be on your right just past our one stop light!

The latter will make you pass to the west of Greenbrier and swing around to come in from the north side (part of it on a 2 lane) whereas the former will be coming in from the south side of Greenbrier and you will be on the interstate or a four lane hwy all the way.

Hope this helps. You will need to leave West TN early and not get caught in the afternoon traffic, but this particular Friday might be heavy at anytime of the day because of Thanksgiving travel. Be safe and buckle up! :D

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

I would also offer an alternate route for you so that you can avoid the construction nightmare that is I-65 north of Nashville. It may be a little longer route, but you can bypass a lot of the bad traffic and make it much, much quicker and save you a lot of headaches.

I would get off of I-40 at Exit 204 (Briley Pkwy/White Bridge Rd/Hwy 155).

Go left at end of ramp and take Briley Pkwy (Hwy 155) all the way to I-24 West.

Take I-24 West (towards Clarksville) to Exit 35 (Sprinfield/Joelton/Hwy 431).

Go right at end of ramp and go all the way to Hwy 41 in Sprinfield (about 13 miles). This is a TWO lane road.

Turn right onto Hwy 41 and go about 6 or 7 miles to Greenbrier.

The Middle School/Football field will be on your right just past our one stop light!

The latter will make you pass to the west of Greenbrier and swing around to come in from the north side (part of it on a 2 lane) whereas the former will be coming in from the south side of Greenbrier and you will be on the interstate or a four lane hwy all the way.

I went last Friday, and I would travel the last directions given. I made the mistake of looking at the map and going around Briley Pkwy. all the way to Hwy. 41 and trying to go through Goodlettesville. That was a mistake.We"crawled" through the traffic on Hwy. 41. I would take I-24 and go around and come in North of town. But that is my opinion, and having it to do all over again I would avoid Hwy. 41 south of Greenbrier.

cavcav, I can understand your frustration since you went the way you did. You had alot of stop and go traffic with all the redlights on South Dickerson Road (also known as Hwy 41) and coming through Goodlettsville, it's own little metropolis in itself. The only good part of coming that way is if you knew which hill to look up at, you would have seen Garth's (Brooks) house. :D

The Nashville outbound traffic is always bad, especially going north. Hwy 41 is the the most traveled road into Ridgetop/Greenbrier/Springfield from Nashville, but at least it is 4 lane. Getting off I-24 and coming into Springfield is 13 miles of curvy, two lane that can get pretty frustrating, but it's all up to preference. Alot of people use I-65 and go the next exit past 98 to Exit 104-Bethel Road, but if you go that way, you have to be familiar with the backroads to get to Greenbrier.

Edited by GreenbrierCat2