Mustangs BELIEVE!

tricklician

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because the Huntingdon/Milan game was a close game and apparently DL is blowing out Alcoa doesn't mean that next Friday night is going to be a cake walk for DL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are two really great teams here in W. TN that wanted the gold ball and it will be the Mustangs from Huintingdon that will be cominmg to Murfreesboro to try and bring it home.

DL doesn't have the competition East of the TN River to stop them but, there just might be a team here in W. TN that can make their teeth sweat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get ready David Lipscomb Mustangs, There is a bunch of Huntingdon Mustangs that are coming after ya'll.

AND THEY LEARNED LAST NIGHT HOW TO GET THE J0B DONE!!!!!!!!!!

9yr.oldchamps,

It seemed that both teams had some strange play calling during the game but, that may just be why it was done?! Both teams called plays in critical situations that totally blew my mind!!!! Just maybe, that is why it turned out to be one of the greatest games ever played in TSSAA football history???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've coached in some high pressure ball games before (nothing like last night though) and done some strange things that worked and so who are we to judge??

Pure and simple, you and I may die before another football game like this is played again in W. TN!

After talking to Chris Donald's Dad tonight, I really believe that there is at least ONE kid in Huntingdon that has the intensity.

Truly, I believe the entire team does!!!!!!!!!

Lord knows, us Rebels may get a state championship rubbed in our face for years to come but, I can take it if the Mustangs can earn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

You make a good point about play calling. All year Milan was around 50% pass and 50% run with the exception of the Covington game(db's were too fast to pass on). Last night we throw 11 passes? But, that's football and the game was unreal!

Donald off left tackle was there all night. He ran behind some huge blocks.

I feel bad for our seniors because I know they are crushed and they are all really good kids as well. Not one trouble maker on the whole team.

I wonder what effect that both opposing coaches got to see their opponent "live"will have on the game plan. Coach Mac was at Hunt last night and I'm sure Hunt coaches were at Alcoa tonight. Usualy, opposing coaches only see their opponents on film, which can be decieving. Just a thought...........

Who said anything about a cakewalk for DL? Huntingdon is a very good football team with a great tradition. The will definitely be ready next Friday. Both teams possess many weapons on offense, and both teams have stingy defenses.

This should be a great game. One that I will definitely attend. And, I still garuantee a Mustang victory!