Demonte Boldin

gark242

Can someone please expain how Demonte Boldin didn't win Mr. Football for 2A lineman. How can someone who is rated in the top 3 in the nation at his postion not win this award. I'm not a tyner fan, nor have i seen him play, but is his teammate better than him? This is really a shame, not taking anything away from the winner.

An earlier post was saying that these awards are meesed up since eddie moore didn't win the award his senior year. I totally agree that Moore should have been named Mr. Football. I've still not seen a better back than him since his senior year.

i played with boldin in middle school when brown won the region our 8th grade year. he may have changed but the word lazy best decribes him. he is amazing when he tries and i hate to say it but when he gets to college if he dont get it in gear he will get whiped like a little boy. they are just as big but they work and he dont. in my own opinion greg smith is much better than boldin. he will go to some big college and you wont hear of him again..unless his work ethic changes.

Smith definately deserved award over Bolden. He played hard EVERY play, not just when he felt like it. Agree with Pounder about the lazy comment. If talking could win awards then Bolden would have blown away the competition. Not sure how he is ranked in the top 3 of the nation......unless it's based strictly on size and potential..

I saw Lipscomb game vs Tyner. I would definitely take Smith over Bolden.

Smith was a wrecking crew. Bolden did not do anything but stand there if the play went away from him. Our lineman did a decent job on Smith just to keep someone on our side from serious bodily injury. Some school got a gem here. Bolden's ways will change in college. He has the size and speed to be very good also.

Smith is one of the best HS linemen I've ever seen play. Bolden has a lot of potential. Without actually saying it, I'm agreeing with the previous posts. I am not absolutely sure which I'd rather have fot the next four years on my college team, but I know for sure who I'd rather have had the last several on my high school team: Smith. In fact, I might take one Smith over two Boldens. The best Tyner player won the award.