1. Matt Baker (MMI) pin Jacob Arms (UTK) :22

3. David Cooper (UTK) dec Mark Norris (PCC) 3-2

285-

1. James Breaux (MMI) dec Ken Hammonds (MTSU) 4-0

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Demeatrice is killing himself to get down to 197. He actually weights around 208 RIGHT NOW after wrestling this weekend!!! Last year I was exactly the same way. I could get down to around 199-200 and I'd have to dehydrate the rest of the way. We made the decision to switch after conference last year. I'm definitely not a 285lber. I weighed in at 217.8 on Saturday and it showed if anyone saw my match with Marion in the finals. I gave up a take down in the first after taking the most awful shot underneath a Hwt. And he rode me with all of his weight in the center of my back the rest of the period. He reversed me to start the second and rode me out, then rode me the entire 3rd. It was just too much weight to give up, I couldn't get off the bottom!!

Demeatrice and I are considering traveling over Christmas to the Sunshine Open in Florida. After that trip I'm strongly considering dropping back to 197. But at this point it looks like a STRONG possibility!

Vanderbilt deos have a CLUB team that has a great group of guys. Actually they have 2 guys from Tennessee. One of them is Kevin Givins (197) from Science Hill and I honestly do not remember the other guys name.

Toler from MTSU, is that the one from Mt. Juliet? If so, whats he doing at 157? he was only at like 135 or 140 last year. Does he still have the shaved head? And is that Ingle from FRA? cause it looks like you got a good freshman class there at MTSU with Watson, Hodge, Toler and Ingle. Why did Toler and Ingle take co-3rd place? who normally wins between them?

That is Zach Ingle at 157 who wrestled at Franklin Road Academy last year and was a state qualifier at 145 or 152 for that school.

One of his teammates at FRA, Isaac Sanders, who placed 5th at state last season at 119, is a freshman at Vandy this year. Don't think he is wrestling for the club team though. They need to "strong-arm" him into going out.

That is correct, with Toler and Ingle. They are from Mt. Juliet and FRA respectively. Honestly I can't tell you who wins between the two. They wrestled a heck of a tournament to get to third place. Ingle actually beat a guy in the consolation quarters that put Toler out of the championship round. They were poofed at the end of the day. They both wrestled 5 matches and we waived the tournament rest rule. By the time they got to the consolation finals, I told them that they only had to wrestle each other if they wanted to, and they both decided not to.

Our entire class for this year is way over their high school weight with the exception of Cory Watson. We can't do anything to fatten that guy up!

I spoke with the president of Vanderbilt's wrestling club at the beginning of the year and told him to look Sanders up. He told me he would and that is the last I heard of it. I think that Sanders would be a HUGE wrestler in the club division!