All-Northeast class 4A-5A all stars

Ftballfanatic

Someone please tell me the criteria for making this team? Not to mention names, because it is not the kids fault, but I am very familiar with two teams represented, and talk frequently with the coaches of both teams. How can a player that was not a starter, and was only brought into the games on passing downs make first team defense? And how can a player that was by his own offensive line coach called the weak link on the O-line be named first team as well? In fact one of the teams in question had three players first team, and none of the three players were named the outstanding players at their positions by their coaches at the team banquet.

Do the sports writers even see any of these kids play? Do they go by stats? Whatever the criteria, some of the ones on that team make you wonder, as well as some who were left off.

How can a player that leads his conference in every single statistical category at his position, as well as breaking several school records in the process, and help lead his team to the best record in years not receive one single vote, but a player that was fourth at that position in the conference, whose team did not make the playoffs make second team?

In my opinion sports writers should at least get some input from the coaches before publishing this nonsense.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Character, among other things, evidently has nothing to do with making this team. I do not know of who you are talking about quiting their teams but do know that a certain team that placed four on the first team, and at least three of the four were kicked off their teams for stealing jerseys, and helmets in the last game of the season from the opposing team, and then were reinstated to the team against the wishes of the coaches by the higher authorities, and allowed to play with only a slap on the wrist of in-school suspension as punishment. On top of that one of the three was also suspended for the game that the items were stolen and not allowed to play for a violation of team rules in that game as well, and is rewarded by a supposed honor. If a non-athlete had committed the same crimes as these they would have beeen in alternative school, and repaying the school for the stolen items.

i know coach clark and the situation. he was given an opportunity to return under certain circumstances, and did not comply. to me, that's kicked off. to others, i could see where they would consider that quiting. bottom line, he abandoned his team in crunch time.

We know coach Clark as well and have spoken to him about this. I still see a little different though. The player was given an opportunity to return if he took the punishment. He would not accept the punishment so I still don't see how you could say he was kicked off. A big star wanted to be treated 'special' and a coach stood his ground with proper punishment the player 'decided' (keyword) not to accept. He 'decided' his own path. In no way was he kicked off.

Most all the Northeast Tennessee newspapers such as the Kingsport Times-News , Greenville Sun, or Citizens Tribune carried this team.

I happen to be a subscriber to the SUN and have checked the archives of all the papers in the area without finding this list. Can you provide the list or a link to the same? Thanks