1-2 White County Win over Warren County

0-3 Warren County

Next District Games

Jan 9

Riverdale-Cookeville

Blackman-Warren County

Oakland-White County

Siegel-Lebanon

Who could ask for more for Christmas than to be sitting atop the district with "team chemistry" still the question on everyones mind with the football guys just getting in the swing of things? It sure is nice to see all the teams of the Boro at the top as well. It may not stay that way throughout the season but could this be the sign of the future of 7AAA. Many have questioned whether the talent level in the Boro could stand another high school, considering no one has gone to the state since the last split (I feel that will change this year). Will these standings hold up late in the season or are they just fodder to be tossed about until we get to the meat of the schedule come Jan. This is going to be an even more hectic Jan-Feb stretch with the extra games and no first round bye to play for.

Siegal is the surprise team this year.I thought White County was going to be it,but I was wrong.Siegal outplayed the warriors at Roy Sewell Gymnasium Friday night.Ramsey and #20 was the two best on the team.Only positive that I seen out of the warriors tonight was England and Johnson.I don't understand why they don't let Johnson do his thing a little more.When he drives it in he usually is going to find a WIDE OPEN man.

I know you have to have a post game,but I am tired of watching them given it to the post every time.The warriors have no trust in anybody besides England.Drake,Johnson,and Gribble can score easily.Gribble shows it,but they won't let Drake and Johnson shoot as much.My bad Drake gets his shots,buy not Johnson.Johnson hit a 3 from the gray line last night in the first quarter and never got to shoot again til the 2nd half.England can do alot and is the best player on the team,he needs to have faith in his teammates.

I sat in the student section last night and I heard everybody yelling to past the ball quicker.They hold the ball to long and open guy is not open anymore.

I think the way the district standings are now, are how they will look at the end of the season. I definatley think Riverdale will remain the top team in the district and Blackman will stay at number two. Oakland, Lebanon, and Siegel will duke it out for the number 3 and 4 spots. The Riverdale and Blackman game on Friday night was a preview of what I think will be the district championship. Randy King, an Oakland starter, was kicked off the team and that should hurt the Partriots. They will lose one of their best players and one of their more experienced. But they have two talented juniors that will be eligible after Christmas. Should be a great season in District 7AAA.

I think you meant Randy Tate. I am sure this would seem to be devastating to most teams. I remember a number of times were Coach King has done something similar and the same things were said. It always seems that they end up being better for it. I think that that is what makes his teams so tough to defeat year in and year out. I know that other coaches in the district and state know the game extremely well but it seems that Coach King always seems to play his cards right with the egos and emotions of his players. I too think that you could see the same standings at the end of the year but expect many changes along the way. The will be some serious upsets along with some suprising blowouts. THe mental game will be the most important this year as many of the teams are well balanced and equally talented. Coaching will tell the tale I think. That is what I have always loved about 7AAA. Good luck to the Warriors this should and could be the year just keep your eyes on the prize and not in the mirror.