Clay County Vs. Van Buren County

bigdawgsrule

Was this the worst game ever to be officiated, or what? True that Clay County did not play very good at all but it is very hard to when your team is given 4 technical fouls, and 40 fouls in the whole game. One of the T's was given to jon Frazier, who was getting cussed out by the kid and never said a word, all he was doing was backing up and keeping is mouth shut and the kid kept going toward him, they were both given a technical. Eric Stafford got a T while sitting on the bench, after already fouling out, there was another bad call, and as the bench stood up the ref picked him out of the all the people standing and gave him a T. he also got a T for saying something like "Oh My God", and he was not even saying it to the referee. The officiating in this game was truly the worst I have ever seen.

Clay County lost this game by arouond 20 points, as the VB Eagles played their starters until about 30 seconds remaining even after CCHS starters were all either fouled out or sitting because the refs would not let them play. We had five people to foul out one with four fouls, and at least two to three with three fouls. Van Buren County shot 56 free throws, and total in the game there were about 82 free throws shot. You know something went wrong when a Clay County team lost to Van Buren County who is at least 15-20 points worse than them. Van Buren fed off the refs BAD calls. Hopefully all this should do is fuel the fire for Clay County after getting messed over in this game and putting them at 5-4, they should want to come out and beat Gordonsville on Tuesday night @ Gordonsville, and should make them want to improve over Christmas and win the tournaments and games they are in at Livingston and at Adair County, KY. GOOD LUCK TO THE BULLDAWGS, we will get them next time, when the reffing is not as lop sided, GET THE TIGERS!!!!!!!GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was not a very good game to watch. The game was very lopsided. I hate for refs to control the game the way they did. what does it take to be a ref? where have all the quality refs gone?

I would say tonight one ref called probably 75% of the foul against Van Buren(for Clay CO), every time this guy called a foul it was on the VB. And then you had the other two refs, I would say that Ledbetter called 85% against Clay Co. Everytime he blow his whistle, it was on CC. And then we get to Nichols, he is just plan bad!!! Half the time he would just blow the whistle and make something up! He called a techinical on a player for saying something to one of his own players?

If the players do not disrespect the refs, do not cause a scene, or try to start something with another player it should not be a tech.

What about the intentional foul on the lay-up.....the celina player jumps up and fouls the guy very hard, but blocked the shot and was going for the ball!

Just a bunch of crap@!!!

Hats off to VB, very much improved team, that number 50 is a good player.

That was not the best officiated game in the world, but was not the worst. Clay County did not play that good, and the techinal fouls that they had were deserved. The T on Jon Frazier I have to disagree with you. The other player was not cussing him out. I think it was the other way around. The T for Eric Stafford for saying "Oh My God" was stupid. Van Buren is not 15-20 points worse than Clay County. They are better or about the same. VB came out ready to play and wanted the game more than CC. That is way they won. The officiating being bad is just an excuse because you know VB is good. I hope Gordonsville gives Clay County a good game. When you see Van Buren next time just be ready because Clay County will lose again. Great Job VB. Go EAGLES!!! :ph34r:

I find it extremely hard to say the game was officiated "not bad" when the fouls were so lopsided. I guess you don't know, MBball20, that VB shot 55 foul shots and CC only shot 25. Did you know that?

I agree that CC did not play their best game ever. It seems that VB always has a good game against Celina.

It is really hard to explain the lack of "no calls" against VB.

The "intentional foul" called against Eric Stafford was a good defensive block. On Celina's very next possession, a VB defender did the same exact thing and guess what - NO CALL!!!!! That happened too many times to mention.

Y'all just got lucky with Nichols calling under CC's basket. The fouls on VB were not called like they were on the other end by the other refs. For some reason, he just couldn't see them.

Anyway - Good game VB, can't wait to play y'all again !!

Edited by Celinafan

There is absolutely no way that you can say that this game was not ref'd bad. Obviously you were not there at the game, or else you would know it was, and by the way Frazier was backing up and never opened his mouth adn everyone there knew that. And if you can explain the refing not being bad then explain this, How Did Eric Stafford get a T when both teams were standing and he did not even have a towel which they said he threw down, cussed them, and threw his hands in the air, How could that ref have heard him cussing if he was on the opposite side of the court. The refs were horrible and we will show that when we play you all at your place.GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off I do want to say good game to VB. Ya'll took and made a lot of good shots and did a good job rebounding which is what you had to do to win. We didn't have our A game and that's our fault. I still believe though that if the refs had been decent, we played good enough to win. There's not a whole lot any team can do when 2 starters and your backup big man are all fouled out with 4:00 to go...IN THE THIRD QUARTER. Give me a break. We might have fouled some but to have 4 players fouled out with 12:00 minutes to go is ridiculous. The 4 techs we got were pretty weak too. One for getting yelled at by another player, one for saying Oh my God to himself, and one on a player sitting on the bench for throwing a towel when he never had a towel to throw. Take away the 6 technical foul shots and the possessions they got because we got them and who knows what might have happened. Oh and to whoever said that VB was as good as we were, ya'll couldn't even extend your lead even after we had 3 starters and a bench player all out of the game. You didn't do much better even when the 4th starter fouled out. Then we put in our JV and the refs stopped calling fouls and you still couldn't do to much. You couldn't even get your JV in til 30 seconds to go. We'll see how good you are on Feb. 20th when we might actually have some decent refs.