District 2-AA

gloryseeker

Just wondering how this district is going? I know Pigeon is 2-0 and Rutledge is 3-1. I heard South Greene is 3-1. Are there any followers out there with info on Claiborne County, Cumberland Gap, Union County, West Greene, Chuckey Doak, or Gatlinburg Pittman? Grapevine has it GP is at 2-2. BIG DISTRICT! Haven't seen alot on the board. Anybody know?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda hoping that Pigeon thinks they have a cakewalk and that Rutledge can't beat them at home or on the road. They better win it this year if they're gonna win it, because by and large the better basketball team at PF is the girl's team.

Rutledge's guard play will keep them near the top, but they exhibited balanced in waxing C-D on the road at the new gym. Too bad Singleton couldn't christen that gym too...but he was a little bit on the sick side.

South Greene will be a player and so will Union County. All in all, it should go a little somethin' like this:

Pigeon Forge

Rutledge

South Greene

Union County

G-P

Claiborne

Cumberland Gap

Chuckey-Doak

West Greene

Edited by KevB1990

We have the talent to win, but we are really inconsistent. The team hasn't played a solid game yet, and that says a lot because we have won on the road at Anderson County and beat a pretty good Gibbs team. We get three players back after Christmas (all forwards.) That will give us a line up that at times will be 6'0, 6'2, 6'4, 6'4, and 6'5. You don't make excuses, but in the two losses (which could very well be wins) the team combined for 4-28 from the 3 point line. With the way we depend on scoring from the backcourt, that won't win many games. I really feel the district is up for grabs. The team with the most talent does't always win. EVERY team has a chance, and the tourney will be really fun in February. However, it is really early and the regular season winner will have at least 4 losses. Just a little side note, if Cumberland Gap had the Powell Valley players from last year, that would be a very scary team!

Edited by aben589934

From what've I've been able to see in box scores, CG has everyone from Powell Valley except Corey Russell...that'll be a big factor down the road.

I don't recall, but didn't Claiborne beat South Greene at Claiborne? Anyway, with Rutledge getting most of their road games out of the way prior to Christmas, things look pretty good on their end I would imagine as long as they defend the home floor.

Where the Rowdies will have a bigger presence... :angry:

Rutledge played well. W. Greene is down, they start three freshmen. Score could have been real ugly. Singleton and Day were pretty awesome. Day had 6 3's and could have shattered the single game record but played anly 2 1/2 quarters. Singleton was 12 of 16 from the field with 4 3's and two monster dunks for 27 points. Sets up a big game Friday at S. Greene. Lets keep this thread going guys. Post any scores and updates that you know of. Union beat Claiborne and Pigeon beat GP, but I don't know any details.

Rutledge played well. W. Greene is down, they start three freshmen. Score could have been real ugly. Singleton and Day were pretty awesome. Day had 6 3's and could have shattered the single game record but played anly 2 1/2 quarters. Singleton was 12 of 16 from the field with 4 3's and two monster dunks for 27 points. Sets up a big game Friday at S. Greene. Lets keep this thread going guys. Post any scores and updates that you know of. Union beat Claiborne and Pigeon beat GP, but I don't know any details.