West Carroll/Greenfield

cardinalking_42

Greenfield - Clint Blackburn - 23, Brandon Shane - 14, Daniel Blackburn - 10, Jeremy Smith - 8, and Thomas Galey - 3.

West Carroll - Xavier Webb - 13, Cameron Hunt - 12, John Taylor - 8, Kevin Taylor - 5, and Kevin Thomas - 5.

And by the way, for you guys who think Clint's shooting is the cause of the team's losses, he shot 1-10 from three point range against West Carroll. He hit his first 3, then went cold. Two of his 3-point attempts were blocked and one was a half-court toss at the end of the first half. So, Clint shoots 1-9 from 3 really, and Greenfield wins by 15.

Kind of kills that "Blackburn shooting 3s when he's off is what beat Greenfield" argument :D .

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

balla, you are right. Thomas Galey was instrumental in the win over West Carroll. He played great defense, hustled, and got the rebounds when he had to. He has really stepped up his game in the last couple of weeks. Too bad it won't show up in the box score, because he really deserves some recognition after the game he played against West Carroll.

balla, I think it works best the other way for Greenfield. I think they play much better when they loosen up the inside defense by forcing them to cover Clint and Daniel on the perimeter. As good as Brandon is, he is not a true post player and is not tall enough to get the ball if teams do not have to extend their defense and can sit back and clog up the post.

I don't know Clint's percentage from 3, but I can say this with confidence: He will start making more shots eventually, and when he does, look out! With Brandon's inside scoring, Clint hitting the 3 and driving on over-aggressive defenders, Daniel shooting the 3, and Jeremy's little pull up j, the offense will be tough to beat.

Look I am just tired of you coming on and talking bad about Clint. He is the best shooter in single A in our area. He hasn't shown it yet but he is. You keep blaming him for all of our loses when he is far from the reason we lose games. One player does not lose a game for a team even if he does shoot the ball a lot.

I still think you are a fair weather fan. We win and you say a great game by the Blackburn boys when each shoot the ball the same way they do when we lose. And we lose and they (escpecially Clint) are to blame for it. Like I said earlier one player does not lose a game.

Thanks to ifiruledtheworld for the statement about Clint not shooting us out of the games. Good to know that some Greenfield fans know a little about basketball.

And were either of you two at the game. I figured ifiruledtheworld was there by the way he is talking about the game but i think balla said he wasn't going to be able to make it.

And it you spell it Vaughan not Vaughn.

Edited by jvaughan

No offense to Gleason, but they don't have an inside presence capable of slowing Brandon down. Against bigger and better teams, if Greenfield's guards do not take the perimeter shots, the post gets bogged down by the defense sagging in to prevent the entry pass and double or triple teaming (West Carroll tried this a few times last night) Brandon. You have to loosen that defense up by making them extend their defense out on the perimeter. Once they extend, it is much easier to get Brandon the ball and he has much more room to work with before being double-teamed.

And, the team is built around Brandon, but he can't score if he can't get the ball. Greenfield had Adam Vaughan in the post providing scoring last year. Greenfield doesn't have that second scoring threat in the post this year. Teams are not worried about Galey catching an entry pass and scoring on them. They are primarily focused on Brandon scoring and then on Clint. What happens if Clint quits shooting from outside? No one to worry about except for Brandon. That won't work. Clint, Daniel, and Brett have to take their shots in order for Brandon to be successful.

You (bulldog) should realize this. Gleason has a real good player in Lucas Carey in the post, but not much else. How is the season going so far?

Clint has had the green light since he was a sophomore for one reason. He busted his butt in summer and proved that he can knock down any shot. He hasn't shot the ball any where near what he can. True he proved it during pick up games when the rim can seem as big as the ocean but let me give you an example. It was a 2 on 2 game to 15, 3's are 2, 2's are 1. Teams were Clint and me against Brandon and Jeremy. Clint scored all of our 15 points on 8 straight 3's. We never played defense or had to get an offensive rebound. I think I might have got the ball twice. Atleast 5 of those were with Jeremy's hand on his face. He has earned his right to shot the ball and there isn't a player on the team that has a problem with him shooting the ball.

Everybody keeps talking about how last year we did this and last year we did that. Stating the obvious here but that was last year and this is this year. This is a total different team. The reason we played an inside then outside game is because we had 4 people that could consistently score.

Actually I don't pay but that is a different story.

Why is it always Clint's fault when we lose? He is the first and sometimes the only one you blame for us losing.

And that is the first post that I have made refering directly to myself as a part of last year's team so no it is not always me and somebody else. I like to keep things in the present instead of refering to how things use to be. Unlike a lot of people (you included) who want to keep talking about how things were last year.

And you have yet to spell my name right.

No one is down on Clint? What the heck have you been saying this whole time beside that Clint is losing the games for us!?! You are the only one that has said a bad word about Clint. You said in one post that he has lost more games shooting the three than he will ever win shooting. And now you want to come on and say that he is huge reason for our success? What the heck!! You go back and forth so much I don't know if you are for Greenfield or against us.

The reason we keep promoting him to shoot is because he has to shoot the ball for us to be successful. But I have only said that about a million times.

To answer cardinals' question I don't know. I didn't see anybody that I knew but scouts can be pretty sneaky sometime when it comes to getting in.

The reason why "no one" (a.k.a. balla777) is down on Clint right now is because Greenfield defeated West Carroll Tuesday night. If Greenfield would have lost, I'm sure balla777 would be saying, "Clint needs to accept his role," and "Clint shot Greenfield out of the game." When Greenfield wins, Clint is great, but if Greenfield loses, you think it's his fault. This seems very contradictory to me.

Clint hit one 3-pointer out of nine or ten attempted against West Carroll. If Greenfield would have lost, it would have been all Clint's fault for shooting the 3 when he should've been giving it to Brandon. It looks like, to me, Clint has been doing the right thing all along. Not to mention, the losses obviously have not been his fault.