Loretto vs Giles County

mas1821

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty much the same as they were for the GCHS game... If they both play their best loretto by 15-20... If summertown doesn't play good and loretto is on, blow out! But... If loretto plays like they have the past two games... Summertown can win by as much as 10.... But i won't be at the summertown game... :D I have to work...

I think the girls will be ready to go after their first loss... I'll say loretto by 14...

no one girl can stop Jana... So Summertown will have to double/triple team her to attempt to shut her down.... So if Loretto plays like they are easily capable of (example: l'burg) and take advantage of open shots available due to jana bringing so much attention her way.... It doesn't matter how good summertown plays.... Loretto has too much talent... But... Like i said.. If they play like they have the past two games summertown can and will beat them...

Well guys I have everything in the world said about the Loretto girls good and bad. But the truth is THEY HAVE NO COACH!! If they still had Jerry Taylor as coach in Loretto this team would be undefeated and make an appearance in M'boro for the next 3 years. You can have all the talent in the world but if your coach dont know how to use it, you are going to have a hard time. And yes krogers everyone talks about Cross because none of the other girls are stepping up to compliment her. Its easy to shut one person down but you have to have someone else step up and score and Loretto doesnt have that right now. You made the comment that they should be blowing people away like the Giles boys are....Tyler has Shay!! Until they get a coach that knows what she is doing and until they have someone else step up its going to be the Jana Cross show!!!

Sorry you won't make the game mas1821. I'll be there as an neutral observer seeing how Loretto recovers from their loss. Hope to see you again tiredbbmom. I'll be in my normal observation point behind the scoring table, clipboard in hand. I expect a good game - I only go to good games. I wouldn't want to drive 50 miles for a poor game, you know. Good luck to both teams. I hope you have good officials that make the right calls and don't get carried away like they are being paid by the foul.

I have been able to be around Jana quite a bit in the last year. I agree with everyone that she is quite humble to have her talent and to be her age. I disagree with the fact she will have to play guard in college. With Jana's work ethic and ability to learn quickly I fully believe wherever she goes she can play post. And I would go as far to say that if someone recruited her as a guard only, they would be asking her to waste huge amounts of talent she has for the post position. Jana does the little things right and is one of the most aggresive post players at her age I have ever seen. Loretto has enough talent to go to the boro this year but it seems like it is gonna take some adapting to their strengths and weaknesses. Good luck to the Lady Mustangs the rest of the year.

I never said she would "have" to play guard in college... For her size, she's by far the best female post player i've seen... But, the simple truth is this... I think she has all the talent in the world... But you have to work w/ the gifts god gives you... And, in my opinion, she needs to do one of two things to be successful at the Division I level.. 1. Grow 2-4 inches and she'll dominate the post position. 2. Spend some time on an outside jumper, and ballhandling... And play as a shooting guard..

Watch some D-I games... almost every team has a girl that's 6'6 or taller w/ alot of 6'1 - 6'4 players... It is near impossible for anyone of jana's height to post up on someone with that size/talent combo... However, in one summer, I think she could practice and become an amazing shooting guard!