Wayne Co. vs Santa Fe... bad refs?

blaklite

I wasn't at the game nor do I know why the "T's" were called, but the question I have is what rules do you want to call and what rules do you not want to call? Do you set aside the rules you don't like and call the ones you do like? I would recommend that everyone that "bashes" the refs get a rule book and see how complicated it is. Basketball is the hardest game to call.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make an excellent point scboaref. I am the first to admit I criticize the refs a little too much when wrapped up in a good game and sometimes see things from a biased spectators view. I personally don't see why someone would want to be a ref. No matter how well they do they will never please both sides.

I guess my biggest gripe in any sport is to call the game consistantly. Let the rules apply to both sides. If you T a kid for back talking fine...he deserved it, but don't allow the other team to do the very same thing. If you allow a game to be played aggressive, fine, just don't let someone go over the back and then call a picky handcheck foul on the next possession. Now I know you can't be 100% doing this, everyone is human but I've seen some that are so inconsistent the players can't even get into the flow of the game.

Now this is not refering to the game being talked about on this thread. If WC hadn't kept Santa Fe in the game with turnovers, the refs couldn't have even been a factor if they had wanted. This is just my reponse to your post.

Not taking anything at all away from Santa Fe, they had a good game and all, but on any other night Wayne County could have ran away with that game by 30 plus easy. Still not at full health with Byrd, but the refs weren't very good, and at least one of the T's called was questionable and actually shouldn't have been one when Tyler York hit the backboard when he went to block a shot. The intentional was when David Hammonds hit the guy, and wasn't show how much of a "cool guy" he is, as someone else earlier said, and Nutt and Bryant each got one. But Wayne County will get another crack at Sante Fe at their house later on, until then, Wayne County's looking foward to Mt. Pleasant. But just one thing before I stop, don't get big heads yet Santa Fe, remember, you guys did lose to Zion Christian of all people.

i do believe the question at hand is, how would the santa fe pack responded had their "angels" got the t's for backtalking? my prediction? 4 topics with bad grammar and weak trash talk about how wayne county was handed the game. so either way, it stinks when there are bad calls, but with any sport you'll have that.

and to the person who said a ref can't alter the game....refill your prescription.

the intentional foul on the Hammonds kid was understood, but the T on the York guy was completely bad judgement on the ref's part... I'm with machiavelli, whoever said the ref's calls don't determine the outcome of the game needs to have their head examined... WC lost by 10 pts... all of which were handed to them by the refs calling so many bad calls. Had the refs called fairly and the same for both sides, WC would have stood a much better chance at winning that game

since santa fe lost to zion what does that say about wayne co. Every time wayne plays somebody they get on here and talk trash. yall need to learn how to keep your mouths shut and play ball. also everytime yall lose there is some excuse like the refs or we had a bad shooting night grow up and quit making excuses you losers ye santa fe lost to zion but noexcuses came from them they just lost and went on to the next game which was wayne co. they then beat yall by 10 after they was done there they played ca who they beat.no excuses guys just grow up.wayne yall are a good team no dout just stop talking trash.

Whoever saw the WC/MP game last night should know beyond a shadow of a doubt that WC should have won the game Tuesday night. Santa Fe lost to ZCA of all people, and WC comes back to beat the top undefeated team in the district?!... That has a lot to say about the refs! and might I be one of the first to say that last night's game was called very fairly... the same calls for both sides. and yes, WC did have some calls against them, but they were fair and deserved calls. Good job refs for WC/MP game! :)