Westview v. Obion Co.

fuquaismyhero

I just watched one of the best high school boys basketball games i've seen in a long time. The final score was Westview 97, Obion Co. 93. For Obion Co., Shore (correct me if I'm wrong) had 47 points and Westview's freshman guard Rodney Davis had 30. The crowds were firing back and forth, there were technicals, ejections, amazing shots....it was intense down to the wire. Everyone in the gym definitely got their money's worth tonight. Anyone else have some thoughts or feel the same as me?

As a side note, Westview girls came out on top as well. ;)

I definitely have to agree with you. That was one of the most intense games ever. Actually that game was so good that I don't think we paid enough to get in! I knew it was going to be good without Marlon but thats not what I had in mind. All Westview games should be like that. I'm expecting the same kinda game when we play Trenton,Gibson Co., and Dyer Co. Those are the games I look forward to.

About the coach's getting thrown out. Well, a Westveiw player was goin in, lane open, jumped stopped, waited for the 2 OC players to pass, and they jumped over him and on him, then he shot. I thought the foul was on the floor, and I think Ch. Greer thought that too, along with the OC crowd. So he was arguing with the foul on the shot, when it should've been on the floor. They got to shoot 4 tech. shots, plus the 2 foul shots. Still was a great game.

Yes...# 22 came from UC, it is my understanding that he went to Martin thru the 7th grade, then last year moved to UC...I sure am glad he moved back, we'll pay top dollar for another one or two to move in :o

About the technicals, the basket should not have counted, but the official was late with the whistle, so his hand was kindof forced, second, the official had no guts to come speak to Greer, Ward (another official) let him gripe, and had all he wanted to hear, Greer continued on, got a T....that one could have went either way....the 2nd one was when Ward was at the scorers table and Greer got chest to chest with him, no he didn't say alot, but he was TOUCHING the referee, and Ward told him at least 5 times to get in his coaches box, he failed to do so over about a 15 second period,boom 2nd T and, I think, a hefty fine.....he deserved the 2nd one. He had a beef with the call, but it turned ugly because if his actions........

I really enjoyed watching OC boys play, they are all hustle, and will win several games this year on hustle alone...

It was a very intense game, I believe we, Westview, had the bigger student section though, We are quite into our basketball teams this year and anyone who has been to one of our games knows we loudly support our team. Its always fun tryin to get into the other teams head...... twice as fun when its at their court.

Yea Coach Greer did go after the ref...and was restrained by fellow coached...and officers.... it was the best game I've ever seen with Damon Shore and Rodney Davis scoring that many points...I probably won't ever see a game like that again, unless it happens at Martin... great game and good luck to both teams

GO REBELS