Lewis Co. 60, Fairview 54 - Double OT

PageMan

Fairview....10....9....10...12...8....5.....54

Lewis Co...10...11....8....12...8...11.....60

Lewis Co. 60 - Luke Curfman 13, Jeff Sparkman 11, Dustin Culberson 11, Michael Creasy 9, Adam Melton 8, Devon Brewer 4, Nathaniel Sublett 2, Darryl Culberson 2

Fairview 54 - Chris King 14, Todd Hall 11, David Boozer 9, Luke Putnam 6, Dan Kennedy 6, Cody Osborne 4, Brandon Butler 4

Three Point Goals:

Lewis Co. 2 (Melton 2)

Fairview 7 (King 4, Hall, Boozer, Putnam)

Team Free Throws:

Lewis Co. 24 of 35 (68.6%)

Fairview 9 of 13 (69.2%)

Fouls: Lewis Co. 19, Fairview 26

Turnovers: Lewis Co. 12, Fairview 14

This game was close throughout with Lewis hitting 12 of 14 Ft's total in both OT peroids to take the win. Fairview had only one FT in the 2nd OT & missed it. Fairview had two players foul out in what became a FT shooting display for Lewis Co. Fairview had 3 three's in OT, but it wasn't enough. Lewis's Sparkman only played in the 2nd half for some reason. Good game Lewis.

Yes it was a GREAT game. It was the first game I have attended this year and I intend to go to the rest of our home games and a few away ones maybe. Congratulations Panthers. I encourage more students to come out and sit with us in the Student section and show your support for the Panthers and Lady Panthers. Coach Johnson has talked to Coach Moorehead about the ticket prices and they are going to start selling tickets during school before the game for 2 dollars for students only. Please come support Lewis County Panther Basketball. GO PANTHERS!!! Oh yeah, nice post Pageman, thanks for the official stats I appreciate it.

Edited by LCpanthers95

That's a great idea to give students a better price. I wish everyone would do that to get more support for all teams.

My stats are unofficial however and I will make mistakes during my late night posts after returning from distant games. As soon as I realize an error in the morning after checking the paper, I usually correct what I have posted.

Good luck Panthers against Perry Co. tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish our administration encouraged school spirit. I get loud at basketball games, and everyone acts like its a big deal. Our principal tried to tell me I couldn't sit behind the opposing team's bench at one game. This was AFTER I had paid 6 hard earned dollars. I guess I paying that much to see a basketball game I can sit wherever I darn where want to.

Yep neely's right. There are some people that do what they're supposed to at ball games....... support their team. School spirit isn't encouraged enough. They jacked the ticket prices at home and gave our student section to the cheerleaders. Somehow we still keep it going, and give the the basketball teams what they want.. student support.