Marion County High replacement

Bill#49

The whole deal about this job is strange you have a coach lead a team of underachievers with no major stars on the team to a second place region finish to Tyner which no one else in the region would beat and host a 1st rd playoff game and he gets fired!! :D

Also the lack of numbers on the team is the lowest they had been in a long time.  Sequatchie Co. had more players on there team than Marion County did this year and that is just something you don't see from them not that I'm complaining.

So I think there is more to this that we don't know! :D

I don't think the success, or lack of, part had a whole lot to do with firing Coach Taylor.

More so then not, it was exactly what you just stated. Which was what Coach Taylor said in the paper......

(1) Lack of numbers

(2) Lack of community support

(1) and (2) being the most important

(3) Lack of expected success

But even with all these problems Marion was still able to overcome a 20-6 halftime deficit and beat Sequatchie County 29-28. :D

I still say coaching at Grundy in week 12 was the end for Coach Taylor. Look for him on the mountain. Maybe Brewer will come back, would be a good move. He should sill be at Grundy. Team got no further with Kenny C.

This is called helping a friend CHS4Life. Something you obviously don't have. Ken would do the same for Coach Taylor if it was the same situation. Macon County was irrelavent in the decision by the powers that be in Marion County. If you read my previous post you will understand.

You don't even know me. I have friends in Grundy and Marion. You made a point about helping a friend. Ken won state championships at Marion and has other coaches on staff so why would he need the help 12 weeks into the season?

You don't know Coach Colquette very well do you? When he was winning those state championships with all the excellent assistants he had at Marion you would see coaches from Scottsboro, McMinn County and others as there teams were put out of the playoffs coming around and helping him at MCHS. It was a regular occurance to see different coaches at playoff time around the practice field and even in the booth on game night. So unless you know Coach C and the situation why open yourself up to something you have no idea what you are talking about!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as the new coach at Marion County I have heard they are going through the process and one will be named soon. The glory days will not come over night but you can see the storm clouds disappearing. Better get them while you can!!!!!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chs4life, I can understand how you would not understand Tim helping Ken out. Tim One, provides an extra set of eyes, Two they run the same offense and defense so Tim can help the other coaches with things like charting plays that are working against different defensive looks, Qb making right reads. Linemen getting to linebackesrs, Adjusting blocking assignments, running angles, passing lanes, lineman splits, are we giving the defense any easy reads? How are they hurting us when we do this or that? These are only a very few things that coaches deal with during a game. One thing to remember that alot of us coaches have at one time or another have worked together, or went to clinics and studied the game together. Their is a faternity among HS coaches in this area, we don't all hate each other like a lot of people believe. So, the idea of coaches helping out friends in the playoffs is nothing new. Myself and many other coaches have done it at one time or another, and have contributed. As far as the director firing Tim because he went to help a friend on his own time, I don't think that is the case. If it is the case it just goes to show you how ignorant the director is about HS football in this area.

very well said possum!!!!!!!!

When all is said and done we'll see who knows what. I may know more than what you think. A changing of the guard is coming to a school near you keep watching for updates. ;)

Do you mean changing of the guard as in a principal at a school near you or a coach?

I know of one principal already that is leaving just can't name the person. Could be at Christmas or at end of the year.

Do you mean changing of the guard as in a principal at a school near you or a coach? 

I know of one principal already that is leaving just can't name the person.  Could be at Christmas or at end of the year.

Good things happen to those who wait. Be ready is going to be BIG news.

I love surprises. As long as they are not BIG, BAD surprises.

What do you mean April 15th ELA?

April 15th is the day that pink slips go out for non-tenured teachers in the state of Tennessee. When a school wants to make room for a new coach and they want to dump a non-tenured teacher to do so, that's the day it happens. Anyway, it's a teacher saying but it doesn't apply to this situation!

• 2 weeks later...

I know of one principal already that is leaving just can't name the person.  Could be at Christmas or at end of the year.

Good things happen to those who wait. Be ready is going to be BIG news.

Well, it has been the entire holidays and haven't heard anything yet. Must be waiting on your BIG news for after the first of the year.

Edited by Bill#49