A new Wrestling Poll

tnranker

This season, we do not have an official state ranking system. At least not one that is consistant. I would like to offer an official CoachT.com TN RANKINGS. I will include top 25 teams, and top 6 in each class in both divisions. I will need info on all wrestlers, including key wins and placements. All those who can get me information today will be helpful, and I will place this weeks rankings this evening based on last years placers, and the results I know of so far.

I will then put them out every Wednesday.

For info and results:

Email: TNRanker@hotmail.com

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some coaches have responded and I thank you. Those who wish not to, that is understandable, I will go by what I can research. However, I stay anonymous to avoid any reactions positive and negative. In all rankings, there are always somebody who does not agree. So therefore, I will stay anonymous. Just know I have coached for several years, I have much knowledge and experience, and this will be fun for all of us.

tnranker, I can understand you not wanting any negative reactions but for all anyone knows you may be doing this just to be a self-promoting dad, booster, fan or wrestler. You DO however have the right to do this just as anyone that would like start their own rankings can. Again, I wish you luck.

Maybe there is someone else out there that is knowldgable about Tennessee wrestling and doesn't mind giving his credentials and backing up his picks with his name. I would but I don't have the time or knowledge of all the wrestlers to do a good enough job.

TnRanker,

I think this is a great idea. I think all people do enjoy seeing the ranking and then either agreeing or not with the ranking.

I have spoken to several people who post on here and the problem with being anonomous is the credibility that either does or does not go with the person doing the ranking. Another concern is the bias that may come with the ranker who also has wrestlers in the ranking. If you rank teams on the list, that becomes a biased issue as well. People want to know who does the ranking.

Rob, who did not have such affiliations gained credibility, although it did not sheild him from others opinions on his picks. I think I am correct in saying that Rob did not wrestle in High School or College, but it did not matter, he covered the sport in a professional manner (he was paid to write) and he also did the ranking on the side. If I am wrong here, please correct me somebody (like I need to ask for that!).

You said that you coached and that you have experience. You also say that you are a fan and that really is enough to qualify as an opinion giver for ranking.

I suggest that you pull the curtain back (like the wizard of OZ) and show who is pulling the levers. If you want this to be the best it can be you will need to disclose who you are.

Good luck and I hope that you do a great job.

I don't think the identity thing should be a big deal. For those telling him to reveal himself, it doesn't really matter if his rankings are bias, because it is not official and nobody will care about it anyway if he does not rank fairly. For TnRanker, if you have truly been a coach, nobody is going to question your credibility. I would love to do it, but I have absolutely no credibility, and nobody would respect my opinion. Therefore, if you really want to do it and remain anonymous, I can help you in any way I know how, but it seems as though it would be much easier to simply tell everyone who you are. If we all work together like civilized folks, this could be a helpful and entertaining poll.

best of the west,

I agree with what you are saying. I think it is clear and I wished him luck. I think he will be more credible with some disclosure of who he (she) is.

You saying that it does'nt matter because it is not official is changing the premise of what TnRanker suggested in his (her) initial post. He (She) wants to be the official ranker for Coach T. Although I am not sure what being the "official" ranker would mean to a message board.

I guess "official" was a poor word to use there. Anyway, even if it was official, it would only be respected if it was impartial and accurate. That's how Matman became so well-respected. Speaking of Matman, his new rankings just came out. D1 looks pretty darn good. D2 isn't my area of self-proclaimed expertise, but some of the weights seem a little questionable from what I've heard. Also, I couldn't help but notice that the fightin' Irish of Father Ryan did not make the top 10, falling behind Kenwood and Clarksville. Does Matman know something I don't?

Edited by best_of_the_west