Jefferson County Head Football Coach

redupset

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is off subject but a little more on Sanders. I read an article in the Tennessean speaking of how old UT's offense is and that most teams have figured it out. According to the article, more people should point fingers at Fulmer for not allowing the basic offensive layout to be changed. Basically it said Sanders must pick a play from our crappy scheme that Fulmer won't change. Heck, I would put my money on Meadows at UT running a wingT over Sanders calling from this crappy offense.

I agree with you on this one Bud. Calling plays is not an easy job at any level of football, especially in the SEC. Add to this a head coach who insists on "pounding the rock" with subpar o-lineman and backs with no vision. As for Coach Meadows, no one can argue with the man's success. He has won everywhere he has been and he will win at WB. TribeFan seems awfully confident in his coach staying put, but the lure of coaching one's alma mater is a special priviledge.

Hey smash if Hutchins returns to Jeff after one successful year @ McMinn there sure would be alot of sad people in Athens. I know of one that has alot at stake from a reputation standpoint if he leaves after one year.

But I am sure the Cherokeee nation would understand if their leader left to coach @ his alma mater.

As for me I will make sure he can't walk again if he goes back to Jeff Co.

I agree with you Rebel78 about Hutchins going back to Jeff Co., but I thought he was their favorite son. I can tell you this the McMinn Co. football program is heading in the right direction with him has the coach and if he were to leave it would be a set back but the team and community would have to go find another quality coach like we did last spring.

In my opinion Jeff Co. would be the only place he would leave for, but he has a friend in Athens who has deep pockets and will make it an interesting decision for him to leave. The loyal die-hard fans will not let $$$ be an issue.

Who would be some candidates for the Jeff Co. job?