threeball

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cosby @ Unaka ------ Unaka by 1

Unaka @ Cosby ----- Cosby by 13

I hope there's a 3rd game. 

Other words, im not a Cosby fan, but it looks like I will stop seeing the braggin by the Unaka fans. They were so up about a 1 point win, but couldn't keep up the highness when they went to Cosby. I see that a lot in several teams, they always go with being the best team in the world after something like that, but you just gotta admit. An Upset is an Upset.

Edited by XtremeLoco

I beg the differ Cosby Eagle. I know that the scores did not say much for Unaka only winning by a total of 1, but they are a well-balanced, solid team that has been overlooked because of their early performances. I know you all say its an upset, its an upset.. but the thing is, they're both about the same, only Cosby has played better in earlier games. Don't knock on Unaka too hard because I like both teams. Leave the talking up to all the other people. I think at the end, it was a hard fought game that Unaka actually deserved. Just an opinion, nobody get offended please.

By the way, I know Unaka's #55, and as a matter of fact, he's a good kid that only has good intentions. So don't talk down towards people you have never even had the chance to speak to.

Edited by hayseed

By the way, I know Unaka's #55, and as a matter of fact, he's a good kid that only has good intentions. So don't talk down towards people you have never even had the chance to speak to.

I agree, I shouldn't be on here calling 15 or 16 year old kids names.

I edited my post but since it was quoted, I guess my comments will remain

As you can imagine I was more than a little upset when I got home last night.

Regarding #55, I don't care how good of a kid he is, I've watched him play

two games this year and he's one of the dirtiest players I've ever seen.

And I've watched a lot of high school basketball.

Even the Unaka coach was in his face by the end of the game.

Emotions are still running high this morning, I'll comment on the game,

the rangers and The Eagles some other rime.

what a stupid post xtreme loco, all you hear is how good cosby is on this board. they came in last night over confident, cocky and thought they would win big. it didn't happen. #24 & #15 shut black down last night. it was a great game against 2 good teams. why shouldn't they be happy with the win. #2 on this pole while unaka drops out of site. that is why these polls are just for fun, people better realize unaka has played 13 games, 10 on the road against top notch foes. they are a good team as is cosby. as for #55 you can't find a better kid. he didn't play well at cosby so last night he tried to step up his game. cosby plays cloudland this week and that will be a tough game.

CosbyEagle I edited it out of my comment.

I wasn't talkin about Unaka generally. I was saying that I hear this all the time. Teams win by 1...then get blown out the next time they play the team, or they get blown out then win by 1 the next time. And I was just tired of hearing that they were the best team. I see it as if you get beat by 14 in one game, then only beat a team by 1. I believe that the better team is the one that can beat ya by more. It may take a 3rd game to determine who is better but at the current time that is who I would believe is better. I was just trying to say something before I see those bragging posts all the time. And remember in no way am I a cosby fan, you can ask some of em I hated em last year. And next time read my name. Its XtremeLoco now xtreme loco.

If there ever is a third game it will probably be at Unaka in the SubState because I dont see Unaka losing in the district or regional as a matter of fact I'll go out on a limb here I believe they have about 17 or 18 games left in the regular season see if they dont win 16-18 of those games this 2nd half of the season big schedule during the 1st of the season will pay off for them.

kto2122, are you sure that was Grace Baptist from Chattanooga??? They are a very good team, and I'm sure CAK could compete, but I would not be so sure to bet on the JV versus Grace...

My bad, I was talking about the one in Knoxville. I hadn't heard about another one until now. Although it did cross my mind when i saw Grace ranked 3rd.

blueeagle, welcome to CoachT. Good to have another Cosby Eagle fan on here with myself and some of the others who make a rare appearance.

(where are you ShaniaGuy...????!!!!! )

Chambers is a great player. He's the kind of team player that can decide the outcome of a game and he was probably the difference Tuesday Night.

Speaking of foul shots, I wonder what the difference was between The Eagles'

attempts and the rangers in the 2nd half...???

#55 really got under my skin getting in Scott's face, the constant elbows,

shoving, holding..... But the refs let him get away with it, so all the blame isn't his.

I'm looking foward to making the trip to Greenback tom. night. They graduated some key players but that's always a tough place to get a win.

You gonna be there..?????

I think both teams will end up in Murfreesboro if they play like they did Tuesday.

If Cosby and Unaka don't see each other in the sub-state, then that's a definite possibility. Either team could represent the East very well. Both teams play hard and with class. Both are well coached, and show good sportsmanship.

Edited by threeball

If Cosby and Unaka don't see each other in the sub-state, then that's a definite possibility. Either team could represent the East very well. Both teams play hard and with class. Both are well coached, and show good sportsmanship.

threeball, Thanks for another compliment directed towards The Eagles.

There is a lot of basketball to be played before anybody (I hope)

is thinking about The 'Boro. If we can get out of the district tournament

with a good seed, it will make things easier at the region tournament at

Rockwood. But, it looks like District 4A is going to be strong so it will take

a couple of quality wins to get to a sub-state game.

Coach Flatford will have The Eagles ready to play at the tournaments.

And The Eagle Nation will turn Rockwood into "The Eagle's Nest West"

just like we did at Midway last year.

Wow, looks like I've got myself thinking ahead already. <_<