Fairveiw/Oneida Middle Game

kazam37

These two middle school girls basketball teams played a great game last night, and I was impressed with the competetive intensity of both squads. They laced it up and played hard for four quarters with OMS getting the win by 3. Fairveiw got two shots at tying the ball game, but both shots rimmed out. These two play again next week and so they get right back to it in this good rivalry in Scott Co. Both coaches were class individuals, and their teams showed a lot of poise in this game. What did everyone else think? :P

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairveiw had two double figure scorers in Hutson(12) and Owens(10) and Oneida was led by Thompson(13) and Terry(8). The difference ended up being the fourth quarter scoring with Oneida outscoring Fairveiw 13 to 7. Fairveiw looks like a very athletic team that is hard to guard, especially the Hutson girl. Oneida opened up scoring the first seven points, but when Fairveiw tied it back up it was a tight game the rest of the way. Oneida is still playing great after losing the Lay girl(broken hand), but when they get her back they will definitely be stronger. She is tall and athletic and would be the best defensive match-up to guard Hutson or anyone else in the conference. Kelsi Lay(Nicholeah's cousin) is starting to rise as a player and was very solid for them last night. She looks like she is more comfortable than she was earlier this year. Two good teams, two good coaches, and by next Tuesday, two good games. Good luck to both teams with the rest of their games.

:P:(

Nicholeah is the player out with the broken hand, and she leads the team in several catagories like scoring average, rebounds per game, steals, and blocked shots. Kelsi hasn't started a game until recently, but then she has really come out of her "shell" and is much more aggressive. The whole team has picked up their intensity since Nicholeah's injury. I think they surprised a lot of people by beating this Fairveiw team that was at full strength. Thanks for the chat, young! I guess no one is interested in the middle school teams. :P

O.S. is now in the Harriman district. This district is far from being weak. Alcoa girls are always good, Greenback is usually tough, Rockwood girls have played in the finals three years in a row and were the the only team to beat O.S. last year , and the Lenoir City girls and Eagleton girls are usually pretty good also. They will still be in the same region. O.S. girls are tough this year and should go undefeated. This year's team is as good as last year's team.

Well, the truth is there are several teams up here that have fine basketball teams this season. The top teams from our district appear to be (in no order) : Oneida, Fairveiw, Jellico, Norwood, and Huntsville. These teams have all been beating up on each other and they could finish in any order when their conference tournament begins next month. OS did leave our conference because of the logistics of regional travel, which makes it understandable that they would play teams that are in the same area. Norwood is in the same boat, but they like the competitive equality of our district, so they stayed. I really do not know how some of the other teams in the other conference are since we haven't traveled that far south. Anyone out there want to give me some free info on the fortunes of the other conference teams that might be heading to Pigeon Forge! :(:huh:

Edited by kazam37

Rockwood girls are down from last year, but could still make a run at the title. They only have losses to O.S., Kingston, and a close loss to Lenoir City at the beginning of the season. Alcoa is strong again. They have beaten Rockwood by 1 pt the past 2 years in the finals. Lenoir City is about even with Rwood, but are capable of playing for first as well. Midway has not won a game. I 'm not sure about Greenback and Eagleton. This district does not play a conference schedule so it hard to tell who is on top. O.S. is by far the best team. but other than them it is a tossup. I was not saying your district is weaker than Rockwood's just that the Rwood district is not weak.

I feel like this years teams up "North" have all improved to some degree. The team that has dropped the most is Robbins. Thats not to belittle their kids, they have just had to replace too many "top shelf" players from last years team. Burchfield is better than they were a year ago, but they still have a long way to go. I think you will find very little difference in the top three teams when we begin play in Pigeon Forge. Fairveiw is soooooo athletic, and they will give any team fits. Norwood has excellent players in their starting line-up, but they are a little thin the deeper you go down their bench.(Aren't we all) Oneida has depth, and if they get Lay back before the season is over they will make a very good team, even better! Huntsville hosts the conference tournament which gives them an excellent chance to surprise someone. Jellico is a very capable dark horse in the tournament, and again they improved from last years squad. One comment that has been made that I am unsure about is that OS is better than last year. Now I know their guard play is still good, but I thought they lost some frontcourt players. They did not use a ton of players when they were in close ballgames, so how have they improved on last years product? :)B)