Fairveiw/Oneida Middle Game

kazam37

I didn't say they were better, I said they are as good as last year's team. The Christopher girl that is a 7th grader is a player. They lost the Smith girl, but I think Christopher is better.Barger is also capable of scoring 20 at any time. They just seem to me to play harder than they did last year. Also teams were able to concentrate on Smith and this year they have two players who are very good. Depth will be an issue because they are so aggressive that they tend to get in foul trouble and there is a big difference in the starters and bench (this is true of most teams I have seen).

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So based on what you know about the teams up "north", which team up here do you thing has the best chance of beating OS? Since you think they have the best team in your conference. Just curious if you even think that is possible or is OS unbeatable this year, too. I know they smoked just about everybody last year in the playoffs. B):)

I haven't seen anyone up North yet. How would you compare your teams this year to Huntsville and Norwood last year. Without seeing these teams I would still say O.S. would dominate up there too. I just wish Rwood could have had a rematch last year in the finals with O.S., which is what everyone expected. They probably would have won, but it would have been a good game. I haven't heard anything abot the Pigeon Forge teams, but our districts usually beat them easily.

Its hard to say how these teams would fare against Huntsville '02-'03. Oneida and Fairveiw are both better than last year. Oneida only lost to Huntsville last year by one and three points in their two meetings. I believe Fairveiw played them close one game, too. Fairveiw hasn't lost many games at all this year, and Oneida lost in overtime by two. At the end of that one, against Norwood, the Lady Indians only had one starter in the ball game. (one fouled out and the other three were injured) I think that is OMS's only defeat. Jellico is more athletic and they have played a tougher schedule than last years team. Looks like it's going to be an exciting tournament in all the middle school gyms this year. :)B)

I have seen OS, Norwood, and "all" those teams up North play ball this year. I will tell everyone that you better not leave Wartburg out of the mix with Oneida, Fairview, and Huntsville. I see it like this and only tell it like I see it at the moment: OS is a better "team" than they were last season. Can they be beat?? Yes, everyone can lose on a given night in middle school!!

And here is how I see the NORTH shaping up:

1. Oneida---assuming they get everyone healthy by tournament time

2. Fairview

3. Norwood

3. Wartburg

***This could be an awesome contest pending on which teams produces more offense

5. Huntsville

6. Jellico

7. Robbins

8. Burchfield

9. Winfield

And if Oakdale were to play in the tournament they could be right up there with those aforementioned top 6 teams!!! This tournament at Huntsville could see any of those TOP 6 finish 1,2,3!!!! However, that is just one man's opinion!!