Idenity?

Sommers

Usually the coaches will post their names. Almost all the topics here are opinionated anyway. I'd say that most of the time, identity isn't relevant, but most people would be willing to tell you who they are if you asked them. It's kind of weird, because, as long as I have been on Coach T, nobody has ever suggested that everyone reveal who they are. You seem to be the only person who thinks this is "cowardly". As for me, I don't really have any credentials to back up my comments. I'm just a regular old fan who likes talking about wrestling.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing that Sommers is the same guy I went to school with at Hixson that was a crazed Dallas Cowboy fan and now has 5 kids.  I think you also had a brother that was a state champion.

Am I close?

You've got a good memory and probably went to Hixson too, right? I havn't followed Dallas much since they canned Landry. I still enjoy wrestling, but with 10 kids it's hard to spend the time I would like. We have another generation of wrestling with our sophomore, Spencer Sommers wrestling at Smyrna. It's exciting.

bopper1 or other unknowns: As far as privacy, if you have some insecurities or things to hide, please continue to, but if you enjoy the reunion/discussion of 25 years of wrestling like I do, it's fun to catch up. Heck, our kids may be wrestling each other?

Sommers

Edited by Sommers

Usually the coaches will post their names. Almost all the topics here are opinionated anyway. I'd say that most of the time, identity isn't relevant, but most people would be willing to tell you who they are if you asked them. It's kind of weird, because, as long as I have been on Coach T, nobody has ever suggested that everyone reveal who they are. You seem to be the only person who thinks this is "cowardly". As for me, I don't really have any credentials to back up my comments. I'm just a regular old fan who likes talking about wrestling.

You're too honest!! But I've enjoyed watching your comments the past few months and thought you were actually an assistant or parent/coach like I am.

Ask Legman how he feels about not being willing to reveal who you are, or at least share school affiliation/history on thie message board.

Sommers

Sommers....I'm Ross Copeland from Hixson and now attached to Collins Hill wrestling in Suwanee, Ga. I have another generation wrestling too; my son Kenny is wrestling here in Georgia and my daughter is a trainer for the high school team.

If you follow Baylor I have one nephew there now, Alex Copeland and Drew Woodward was there a couple of years ago. Drew is recovering from a fracture of the L-1 vertebrae he suffered wrestling against Iowa State a few weeks ago. He'll should be ready to go again in a few more weeks.

Yes. Memphis is the only area in West Tennessee with wrestling (assuming that Clarksville is considered Middle Tennessee).

Yes, Clarksville really is Middle TN, and we'll claim them and Kenwood and a few others up that way as our own.

I'm proud for them that they have began building a mini-Chattanooga over the last 10 years or so.

Sommers