Officiating

yallalreadyknow248

If you think officials arent good at the high school level, try getting calls in middle school. North Middle went to Philly, both teams had a 9-0 record and the foul ratio at the end of the game was 29:7, in favor of the hom eteam of course, Philly.

Wow, that's terrible. Maybe the home school should try not to foul as much next game. Just a thought. :D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is guys, if it is that bad, and it may be, I don't know, take some action instead of complaining like 4th grade girls. Take your issues to the TSSAA; they list their physical address and email on their site. Or take the ref's test, buy ya some stripes and improve things.

Everyone seems happy being reactive and I haven't heard a soul being proactive on the issue. :D

At least the coach knew enough to help.

WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM THAT EVERYTHING IS THE COACHES. ARE YOU A WANNA BE THAT DID'NT MAKE IT OR DID A COACH BENCH YOU ALL FOUR YEARS? About the refs they are the worse i've seen in a while. This is a true story , at a ball game the other night i told the guy next to me i bet i could get the ref to wave at me during action. {this is how much attention they was paying} on my third wave , he acknowledged me from the court, what does that tell you. Both teams practice and play hard and should at least be given a fair chance. I have seen 2 very good refs though, but we'll probably never see them again.

My point is guys, if it is that bad, and it may be, I don't know, take some action instead of complaining like 4th grade girls. Take your issues to the TSSAA; they list their physical address and email on their site. Or take the ref's test, buy ya some stripes and improve things.

Everyone seems happy being reactive and I haven't heard a soul being proactive on the issue. :justwrestle:

It does no good to report refs even if you send them a tape. i agree a team has to adjust sometimes to what they can get by with or if it is going to be a touch foul game. but if is inconsistent, they don't know how to play. I do think some refs got there stripes for halloween and now think they are real refs.

IN THE REFS OFFENSE. IT STINKES TO REF A GAME. I AHVE HAD TO DO IT FOR OUR JV GAMES AND IT IS TERRIBLE. IT IS ALOT HARDER REFING HIGH SCHOOL GAMES THEN IT WAS REC BALL.

FOR THE REFS BAD PLAY CALLING. I HAVE SAID IT MANY TIMES BEFORE. GO BACK TO 2 OFFICIALS. THERE IS TOO MUCH EGOS FLYING AROUND AND EVERYONE WANTING TO BLOW THEIR WHISTLE. OFFICIATING WAS A LOT BETTER BACK WHEN THERE WAS ONLY 2... 2 REFS ARE ALOT EASIER TO ADJUST TO THEN 3....

As I said in the other thread, get you some stripes and try it yourself. I usedto complain all the time about baseball umpires. But one day I thought I'd make a little extra money and try it myself. I enjoyed it, and if you pay attention it's not that hard. But as humans we all make mistakes.

So I agree with Satch here...try it yourself.