Big win for Hampton!

CoachSH

Vol. Central & Eliz all have one loss in the conference. Vol seems to be the strongest followed by Central, but Hampton proved that they can all be beat. Like the lead in says, this conference is up for grabs and there is no doubt about that. Vol. did have an excellant guard become available after the holidays, not sure what the deal was on him being out, but he's back. Don't know his name, but I hear he is a good one.

His name is Jay Hughes. He was out because of an injury. He broke his finger playing football. He thought it was healed and a week or two later he got it broke again in practice. He first played in the Thomas Walker game, which was before Christmas. One of our post men has been out since mid December. He had his tonsils removed. We should be back to full strength by the first of the week.

Volunteer beat Hampton at their place by 20. At the time one of the starting guards had been dismissed from the team for the rest of the year and the other starting guard was injured. I don't know what that means. Hampton may be like North, when they are good they are real good but when they are bad they are real bad. Up and down, in other words.

They didn't have the look in their eyes at Crockett like they did against Central, they wanted it real bad and everyone could tell against Central. Crockett has a good team, but not that good. Bouncepass I think it goes back to discipline, because I saw a player play that missed practice and had to sit the bench the whole entire Central game come into the game at Crockett and absolutely jack up everything he got his hands on, and the coach still left him in to play. But that doesn't make up for the lack of effort most of the players were showing. They run the floor, hustle, get back on D, or go to the boards, and everyone knows you can get beat by just not doing one of those things listed and the Dogs did not do anything good to win. Oh yeah and they couldn't buy a bucket (ICECOLD)...as for fluke or flash in the pan, I think flash in the pan but, I guess we'll see in their next conference game wether it be HV or Unicoi. The HV game for friday night is cancelled.