who are the top freshman girls basketball in the s

pma45

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McNairy Central's Erika Wright is one of the best freshmen in the state. She averages 12 points a game and has came off the bench most of the season. MCHS coach Jerry Lott has never started a freshman before this season and that says a lot about how good Wright is now.

The Lady Bobcats have a strong freshman class and they will be a force in the district race for the next few years. Eboni Crayton is another freshman that could be in the starting lineup for most teams.

I agree with you McNairy Central's Eboni Crayton and Erika Wright are two of the best in the state. They will be the future of McNairy basketball and their junior and senior year I believe they will bring the gold ball to McNairy. Maybe even help do it this year if the team plays like they are capable.

You are right we didn't have a team in that age group last year and didn't want to have one that the reason we didn't. If we do decide to have one this year you will find out in more ways than one if you are located in Cleveland cause I know that we will go after one player in that area and it is not Simpson. My question is how does a AAU team that has Kerri Simpson and Rachel Isom on it only get 4th in the state and not get out of pool play in the Nationals. Both of them are two of the up coming stars in the state and only gets 4th. Shelbyville may need to have a team to give these kids a place to play where they can venture into a state title and contend for a National Title.

Now for Kelli I just respect her for her hard work. She is one of the big reasons that Cleveland High School basketball has gotten better. Give Credit where Credit is due and she deserves it.

Also, I didn't downgrade a kid. All I stated is what I thought the kid needed to work on and said that Rachel will fix it. I do think that some of the things she still has to learn should have been taught to her before she got to Cleveland and also stated that if she played for Kelli Logsdon year round for the past three years she would have been ready to step in and average 15 to 20 pts a game. It to late to worry about it now but Rachel will help this kid in more ways than one.

Edited by showtime7

Showtime7,

I think you and the Shelbyville crew are all mixed up about players playing up to contend for state and national titles. The state of TN would be better represented on a national level across all age groups if the best players played on the best teams at their own age. Look at organizations like the Fairfax Stars, Dayton Lady Hoopstars, Indiana's Finest, Southern, Southern Pacific and Pacific associations usually finish well on average. If a freshman is a true freshman, meaning born in 1989, why would they need to play up? Stacking a team with younger players does not help you win a national title. Can a strong 13/14 yr. old compete with a strong 15/16 yr. old? I think not... Players and Parents don't listen to these people, play your age and enjoy your success while you can...Believe it or not, at Nationals you will face some very tuff opponents at your own age. Would it be better to play up and barely make it out of pool play, finish somewhere between 7th - 24th, or play your eligible age and bring home the GOLD, a National Championship... Set a precedence for the SE/TN Assoc. that you can win at all age levels.

Edited by Spree1024

You are right we didn't have a team in that age group last year and didn't want to have one that the reason we didn't. If we do decide to have one this year you will find out in more ways than one if you are located in Cleveland cause I know that we will go after one player in that area and it is not Simpson. My question is how does a AAU team that has Kerri Simpson and Rachel Isom on it only get 4th in the state and not get out of pool play in the Nationals. Both of them are two of the up coming stars in the state and only gets 4th. Shelbyville may need to have a team to give these kids a place to play where they can venture into a state title and contend for a National Title.

Now for Kelli I just respect her for her hard work. She is one of the big reasons that Cleveland High School basketball has gotten better. Give Credit where Credit is due and she deserves it.

Also, I didn't downgrade a kid. All I stated is what I thought the kid needed to work on and said that Rachel will fix it. I do think that some of the things she still has to learn should have been taught to her before she got to Cleveland and also stated that if she played for Kelli Logsdon year round for the past three years she would have been ready to step in and average 15 to 20 pts a game. It to late to worry about it now but Rachel will help this kid in more ways than one.

mr. showtime you are gettin good facts you must have a good source in town, everybody is wondering who? yea right. now to address who you are goin after is none of my business all i was referring to was kerri, i am not in competition with you or anyone else for that matter. lace them up and lets play its that simple the scoreboard tells all. i respect organizations that do what they do with class, but it seems you are tryin to bring a particular organization down with a little help i may add but you and your sources got it all wrong. its not about me its about the girls and it always will be. now as far as comin 4th in the state thats the way it goes sometimes and i am sure you know the feelin. now not comin out of pool play well you sometimes get bad pools to start but you dont cry you lace them up and play and that is what they did. you get the team from tulsa, the black widows of virginia, and indiana's finest. and they were in every game no blowouts. somebody has to win and somebody has to lose. again you know that losin feelin dont you. i thought so. lets take the indiana's finest they won by 4 and then later they played fencor who won the nationals last year indiana beat them by 9 so you go figure. no slam on anyone but who did cms send to rachel this year? just a thought. i respect the time that kelli puts in but that is all i have to say about that. anybody that knows the game of basketball in or out of Cleveland knows whats up. lets try to keep this between us. let this be our secret. yea right

If a player is good enough why not play up. We have been going to the Nationals for about 25 years and success speaks for itself. We play kids up that we feel are good enough and can handle it and we don't play kids up that we feel can't handle it. Caitlin Holifield is Freshman but has to play up due to her Bday. Puelo could play 14 under but is good enough to play up againist 15s. She has played in that age group her whole life. Why hold a kid back by letting her play in her own age group that she will rule and not get any better? Let them play up againist kids that are going push them each and every time they step on the floor to make them better. We are in AAU to make the kids better basketball players and that why we choose to play the better kids up. You must not know alot about the teams that you before mention cause I know for fact that alot of their better kids play up a age group if they feel they can handle the pressure.

i think frankhughes has the best freshmen. in fact two of them are starters. the fhs lady lions team consists of 7 or 8. the 6,7,8th men are freshmen.most people consider them a good group of diaper dandies. the team is basically madeof freshmen. they onlyhave two seniors whoare fixing to graduate. one junior, seven freshmen,and three eighth graders.so in all Frank Hughes lady lions have the best fresh.

Scott High has a good freshman team. They have alot of potential, but are held back by their coach.

They have Ashley Bee as their point guard....she is just all around GREAT!

Tyann Foust.....shes good when her attitude doesn't get the best of her

Tara Jeffers...great inside shooter

Katie O'Neal....powerhouse in the paint

Megan Lowe....another great inside shooter

Whitney Strunk....great 3-point shooter

Hali West...new, but coming along very fast

Amber Potter...a very versitile player, and i hear her coach wants to try her as point

Mckelia Chambers...Coming along very quickly and a good outside shooter

Jordan Yancey....a very good inside shooter

Cynthia Pemberton....a pretty good little guard

GOOD LUCK GIRLS...I WILL BE THERE CHEERING FOR YOU ALL THE WAY!!!

People listen UP!!!!!!!! THE BEST FRESHMAN PLAYER IN THE STATE IS BIG T AT Brentwood!!! Get in your car and drive down to see her play! She is UNBELIEVABLE!! Pat Summitt is already sending her letters and so is several other SEC schools.

GO PATS

I hear she is a great player player but just a reminder that any personal letters prior to Sept 1 of her junior year is prohibited by the NCAA. I do not think Pat Summitt or any other SEC would break that rule.