CPA - College Heights

divepix

College Heights beat CPA for the 2nd time in the Metro Christian tournament to hand CPA its 3rd loss. I am convinced they are just better than CPA at this point and the outcome reflected it. College Heights is super quick and they have a couple of guys with springs in their legs.

The game was tied at half and CPA actually should have led as they missed a dunk and a couple of easy layups. But College Heights outscored them 21-8 in the 3rd and got up by at least 17 in the 4th, winning by about 15.

Now - I've admitted CH is better, and officiating didn't determine the winner; however, the REFEREES WERE THE WORSE I HAVE EVER SEEN IN HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL.

I had never seen them before in watching CPA for many years, so I don't know where Metro Christian got them , but they were a joke. They made terrible calls throughout the game on both teams, not just fouls but missing at least 5-6 obvious out of bounds calls. It is a shame for both teams in a good matchup like this that the quality of the refs was so bad.

CPA plays College Heights again aat CPA in 3 days. Maybe we can sneak up on them once this year. They are a fine group of players.

Thanks for the classy post. CH is very respectful of CPA's players and coaches. Very good team with Sikes, House and Hobgood leading the way with very hard working role players. It was a very good game - first half especially - with CH and CPA going back and forth. CH does not look forward to playing CPA for a 3rd time especially at CPA. Good luck the rest of the way with the exception of Tue. night.

BTW- The final score was 72-55 CH

and by the way DP - I wholeheartedly agree about the officials - looked like they were from the JV ranks and a little out of their league. I think both of the coaches were perplexed for the most part of the night. The one call that summed it all up was when the ref called a charge against CH then 5 seconds later said block - then said charge to reconsider once more finally settling on a "block" against CH.

I too saw the poor officiating, I don't know if I have ever seen such poor calls, but they did have TSSAA patches on their sleeve, so I guess they are with TSAA.

College Heights- Extremely talented team, pure athleticism, and that lefty guard can light it up. But where did everyone come from(rhetorical question, I think I can take a reasonable guess:))? I hear that CH are going to move to the TSSAA next year. Are they going to continue to give scholarships to their players and play in D2 or are they going to retract that and go single A? And are they still in the TACS league? Sorry for all the questions, just curious....

CPA- second time I have seen this team this season. I think they have a couple good athletes, but their coaching staff does an extremely good job. I heard someone behind me say, "Just imagine if the CPA staff had the CH athletes..."

Oh, and who won today's games????

Several questions here...

1. This was a part of the Coca Cola Classic? Where was this tournament played at and who won it?

2. Does College Heights just have a lot of athleticism? I haven't seen them. If they do have a lot of athletes, where do they all come from? Did any of them play middle school basketball in the Sumner County area? I'm just wondering how they found College Heights.

3. If College Heights was in Class A this year, would they be a legitimate state tournament team? How many seniors does CHCA have?

1. Played at Metro Christian in Madison. Won by Temple, Chattanooga over CH in double overtime 75-71.

2. Is CH athletic? Yes. But their athleticism is overrated IMO. They play very hard, they play fast and they play good, not great defense. The teams that they have beat like to chalk it up to "they are just so athletic" because it must make them feel better. The truth is that 3 of their 10 varsity players are athletic. The rest are average players at best. They come from the Sumner area / some from Madison and go to CH because their parents want them to get a Christian Education.

3. Tough one to answer. I would say they have the potential to be a strong tournament team. They start 2 soph's, 2 sr's and 1 Jr. The Jr. that starts is playing his first year of varsity basketball and is very raw. The soph's were playing on CH JV team last year and are inexperienced. If they can mature and play the way they are capable of - they could make some noise this year. They still have CPA, MBA, BGA, DCA, Ezell and PJP2 left to play.

Edited by fcpress