Is it alright for coaches to cuss their players

speedo

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the problem. As long as the player as in individual isn't offended then what does some cussing hurt? Every teenager i know uses bad language, so what would it hurt them if the coach tells them infatically to "get your da*n elbow in on your jump shot." Of course, it becomes a different issue when the words become degrading, like the 2nd example quoted in a previous post. At that point it gets excessive and disrespectful. Otherwise, not that big of a deal.

Well every teenager you know ought to get his or her butt in church. They might find out they need to change their life. ;)

Not that big of a deal, HUH!

Coacht,

are you saying that in ten years of playing baseball, football and basketball that you never heard any of your coaches say anything that could be construed as a curse word?

I didn't say that. No coach ever directed those words at me or any of my teammates the entire time I played.

It does not belong in high school sports period. If it does, then when is it OK to start? Middle school? Elementary School? Upward Basketball? If you say it is OK, then there has got to be a time line when it is accepted. I say NEVER!!!! Why does profanity have to brought in? It is just an excuse for people to not have to watch their language.