Is it alright for coaches to cuss their players

speedo

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what gets me upset in a game is seeing a kid with a lack of hustle.i remember one kid i asked why he didnt run it out on a pop up that went foul.he gave an excuse by saying he didnt know where it was located.i told him thats why you need to run it out and let te umpire make the call.then made him sit out the rest of the game to understand the point.even when we needed him to hit in a game winning situation,i kept him out and let another kid hit who had a big heart.sometimes i get upset at people who make excuses but you have to staY FOCUSED as a coach and develop the right attitude.i found it interesting at the end of any season ive coached that my players crap hard to win at the end of the season.what works best as far as motivation goes is finding what motivates each person and get em dream building.sometimes in the heat of battle,i have had a slip of the tungue as well.i remember one time i wasnt aware that i did such a thing.one of my players thought it was amusing but they usually know im serious when i ask a direct serious question about what i believe in.they usually know that i care genuinely and trying to get the best out of them.if a kid knows how much you care,they dont care how much you know.

In some instances I think it is acceptable for a coach to cuss at their players, but coaches should be albe to use other words that are more appropiate. Cussing doesn't necessarily make your team better or the coach more successful. The best coach I've ever been around never cussed, the worst word he ever said was "stinks" and that was only once, then he apologized for saying it. He did say "Stickin' Crap" a lot though.

;) FBT14..... There is no book of basketball. It is only a use of general terminology. As far as the coach being fired for cursing and then suing the school for his dismissal. I hate to break it to you, but actually public profanity is against the law and you can be taken to jail. Look that one up at your local police department. The only reason why they do not arrest for this violation is that they would have to arrest many everyday because our society has accepted cursing as a regular means of communicating, which is sad. So in your situation for being a sophomore, I'd expect the comment of you being able to teach coming from a high school student. When you go to college, you will see why they require 125 credit hours to graduate and get your licensure, then pass the state boards, etc. You seem like a bright young student. Cursing only shows that when you get frustrated, you cannot not bring up the words you really want to say in a respectful atmosphere. Maybe cursing is accepted in your household or school, but it is tasteless to say the least. :ph34r:

PS.....In order to get respect, you must FIRST show respect. Any coach that would curse at a player doesn't DESERVE any respect from his players.

Edited by Stokomo

No cursing is not excepted at my house. We are good "church going" people. BUT it's different with coach.

Well when I go to college I won't be going to get a degree in teaching.....that's for sure, but I'm still confident I could pass any tests set fourth by the state. In fact, this summer I took some college classes at a little place called Yale University....ever heard of it?

Why is it different from a coach?