VOLUNTEER FALCONS PART II

Stokomo

I would have to disagree with comments about guard play. All the players that ran the point last night played well. The finger roll layups are just not falling and we should not question a player...how do we know that is not the play the coach has designed to run (guard driving the lane).

11 down to 14 ahead..25 point swing..Way to go Falcons!

Get off the coaches and players backs and be a supporter!

Edited by unbiased

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to stokomo,

i am not a volunteer fan but i will address your reply to vhsfalcon fan. you are suppose to be a coach. if you can't come to a coach for answers then where do you go? he said nothing out of the way, simply implied as to why one player did not play more? what is the harm with giving him an answer. it goes along with the territory. is he second guessing, maybe but then again many fans do? but to say playing time will not be discussed or its my way or the highway is dead wrong. i agree it is up to the coach as to how much a kids plays or don't play but as a coach, it is up to you to give an honest assessment as to why that kid might not be playing as much and what he needs to do to earn more playing time.

Rainman... I will reply to your comment and then it will be my last on this thread or any concerns about Falcon Basketball. One, no one has come to the coach asking why this player or that player isn't getting enough time. I quoted that players' time will not be discussed. It is a continual discussion between the coaches and players. Ever heard of the right to privacy. Well... our players have just as much right to have their business discussed or not. They can tell you if they want why they are or aren't getting playing time. We give assesments after every game and practice. We have changed the starting line-up several times this season. Believe me, every player knows where they stand. We are up front with all players. Second, the person asking the question is not a parent of the player named. Do you think anyone on here should know everything about a player. Third, we had a meeting before the season started and discussed the format of parent-coach relationships. Lastly, who said it is "our way or the highway?" Yes there is a Head Coach that ultimately makes the decisions, but, and I stress this in the most sincere way, BUT! the players have a lot of say-so about what we do in the games. We get a feel from the players as to the flow of the game. We give them some input. So please get information straight before any responses come flying. If anyone wants to know anything regarding a certain player(s), please ask them. If they want to give you an answer, they will. It does not go with the "territory" to have to answer on this site about playing time. ;)

PS-- Thank you fans for your support of Falcon Basketball. I will frequently read posts on here, but I am done posting. This is going beyond what was intended, a thread devoted for the SUPPORT of Falcon Basketball. ;)

Same old thing out of Church Hill it hasn't changed in 30 years. Let the kids play,let the coaches coach, and the fans support the team. It is easy if you want to coach go get a degree, if you want to play join the city league and if you want to be a fan then cheer for the team its that simple. Players and coaches alike make mistakes it is part of the game but the only mistake a fan can make is by opening there mouth and being negative and thats an easy one to correct. ;)

All I wanted to know is why Eidson did not get more pt in the game at Elizabethon. The main reason is I wanted to know is why the point guard did not get taken out of the game for a while and have some sort of time to think about and recieve a little advising on what was going wrong with his game. This, during the game coaching, is vital to players understanding why mistakes are happening and for the game at hand, ways to try to correct the problems. I don't feel that my post was out of line, my intention was not to bring the players or coaches down. All I wanted to know was why these coaching moves were not made. Stokomo, I apologize for upsetting you about the blocking flop artist thing. But it very obvious from the stands that this "lost art" will remain a lost art for quite a while. Timing is a crucial element to drawing a charge and more practice is needed on this before it starts to be used that frequently. If something does not work you need to try to find something that does. A little critcism is good for a person. It is hard for someone to admit that their idea is maybe not the best one. To everyone else I am not here to pick apart my own "beloved Falcons," I am here to support this team to no end. I just feel that if some of the things that are said on are taken into to consideration maybe some of these "ideas' could be implemented. By the way to whoever said go to school and get a degree, I'm working on that right now! I will be at the game on Friday to cheer on the 16th ranked Falcons when they play for 1st place in the Watuaga Conference. Stokomo, Please do not quit posting over what people say. You are the only link to the coaching staff I know of on here. Your comments are appreciated and differences in opinions are what make posting on here fun. Discussing topics that are bothering the fans is the best way for us "the fans," to better understand the decisions that are made during the game.

I was not trying to pry deeply into Mr. Eidson's life. "Right to privacy," slow down now, I did not ask for his SSN all I was wanting to know was why he did not play. A simple vague reason would have been more than sufficient. Stokomo we are not out to get you. I'm not trying to take your job nor do I want it. I know coaching is highly stressfull and you all have your hands full trying to get these boys on the same page all the time. I apologize again for offending you but I really didn't do anything but ask a few harmless questions.