Tyler Smith

mas1821

Who is this guy??!!

Nobody "owned" anybody.  I think B. Wright is the better, more valuable player overall between the two, but it's pretty close.  GCHS has a better supporting cast overall, especially right now.  It should be a good game nontheless.  Barry Turner will be back for his first game in a while, and trust me, that makes a big difference.

I have seen Tyler play only once, and it was against BA @ Belmont. I went because of all the things I heard about him. I have seen Brandon play several times, and it was pretty even. Right now Brandon seems to have more fundamental skills and finese than Tyler. Tyler is extremely athletic and has tons of potential as well. Let's give both of these guys their props, they are good, very good! Why be player haters and so negative?!!! Let's hope for the very best for Tyler, he is gifted. It should be a great game Tuesday night.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would still like to know who's scouting report is krogers is looking at which D1 coach told they think Tyler has no shoot. LOL that all he has to do run down a good kid trying to make it. LoL no am not a high school student but a fan of the game. No Tyler is not GOD and he knows it to bad krogers dont. If you know anything about god krogers no should know his the only judge becareful as hard as you are on Tyler he will be on you. God bless you

Krogers, I would love to meet you at the next ball game and talk basketball with you. It seems that you know me but i dont know you. Please, Introduce yourself to me the next time you come to a game.

Oh by the way thanks 2live for mentioning my quote. B)

Chi good post

And Gomab, Please if you dont mind defending what you say, explain why that you have negative things to say about Tsmith. Just curious? I mean saying it an constructive manner would be great. I truly believe that Tsmith know what he needs to do and im pretty sure he will work on those things. He is only 16. He will get better and hush the critic. Just as Giles HUSH YOU and the CRITICS LAST YEAR.

Lay off of krogers. He can say whatever he wants. Tyler Smith is NOT the consensus #1 player in the country. He may be #1 some places, but not everywhere. Who cares if he is #1 or not anyway? He's still going to get the same school looks/offers as he would if he was ranked #10 or #13. People just need to chill out. I know GCHS has never had a player of this caliber but just act like you got some sense. Tyler is a blue chip prospect, he's not the next LeBron.

I AM NOT BASHING TYLER EITHER! I love Tyler. He is a great guy on and off the court. He will excel in college ball, and maybe get to the NBA. People need to just stop claming Tyler as #1 so they can impress people. On road trips we meet people and people are quick to spout off with - "Yeah I go to GCHS - we have the #1 player in the country". Does that really matter? No.

Let's focus on winning games and not arguing over who is #1. Now is not the time to be arguing over who is #1. When Tyler's name is mentioned in the NBA draft for 2006 or whenever, then we can argue whether he should be taken #1 or not. But until then he's just another blue chip prospect.

Whatever... I'm getting bored trying to have a legit discussion that was started by a very heady Giles fan while a few blinded, die hard Giles/Tyler fans throw insults (smokey). If you can't have an inteligent discussion (smokey) without getting personal and throwing childish insults, then I'm done. Go on, keep worshipping Tyler, don't ever look at his flaws (oh yeah, he doesn't have any), and god forbid someone makes a comment that does not agree with you... Best of luck to Tyler as the #1 pick in the NBA draft this Spring, and LeBron, Kobe, Tracy beware... I'm done.

Insult, what insult? Did I offend you? I only spoke the truth. You have not got on here at any time this year and said anything negative about any other player from all over the state. Why does it have to be Tyler? Is there any player in the nation that is flawless, I don't think so! My point with that post was to try and understand as well as many others why would you post negative remarks about your own favorite team? Krogers lives right here in Giles County, he should go straight to the source to make suggestions or negative comments. He's trying to air out dirty laundry for the whole State and beyond to read, when Tyler and Zach are right here in his backyard. I try not to say anything bad about a kid no matter what school they play for but that does'nt mean I want let any adult know how I feel! The key to any message board is you get your message across and so do I! I could care less if I've hurt your feelings or not! Your an adult, act like it! As an adult I'm just standing up for the kids! Good day.

Edited by smokeyvol1

Smokeyballs...I have a question for you. What is this website for??? Opinions...Facts...or both...I think it is for all three. You get on here saying that Billy Smith wants to meet me...LOL. Why is that? Because I gave my opinion. I am not a college coach, scout or anything else. I am a die-hard GC fan that has the sense to see that Tyler Smith is the best player to come through Giles County, but he isn't perfect and yes he is only 16 or 17. Just think Smokey...you are 30 something and you just now became perfect, so Tyler has a good 14 more years before he is called on it. In college, he won't be playing low post at 6'6"...he will be on the wing. Why am I trying to air out dirty laundry...because I don't get on my kees and bow when Tyler comes into the gym. Like I said earlier in the post, Tyler is the most gifted and talented guy basketball player to ever grace the floor at GC. As far as I am concerned, I am done with you Smokey and I am done with this site. It is no longer an opinion based forum, you can only state facts and even then if someone doesn't agree with you, you take grief over it. Now, if someone gets offended by threads on this site, their father, family members, or people like yourself (Smokey) get involved and want to get it all stirred up.

PLEASE GET A LIFE OUTSIDE OF THIS SITE...AND RESPECT OPINIONS...