Parkview vs Bradley

ru4mocs

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtkvol, I don't have an axe to grind but one part of your summary seemed a little off to me, so I made a few phone calls. According to the match stats, Bradley actually won the battle of takedowns 16 to 14. And in the "lower weights" from 140 down where "Parkview was a little better on their feet", Bradley actually won that battle by a count of 14 takedowns to 4.!

Other than that, I really enjoyed your accurate account of the match.

It was very interesting that UTC did not charge for entry to see the Bradley-Parkview match and the Chattanooga Free Press did not cover the Bradley-Parkview or UTC-Anderson match?

The Chattanooga paper DID have a nice article on the Soddy Invitational and printed a submitted report about the UTC-Anderson match.

The Cleveland Banner had a nice article by John Hunt on the BC-Parkview match.

Edited by BayouBear

Bayou - After the lack of coverage for the Iowa ST/Virginia Tech/CN/UTC quad, I sent a e-mail to the sports department at the paper questioning why no coverage. This was their response;

"We have two guys covering the Mocs - David Uchiyama and Brad Shepard - and I have encouraged them to keep close tabs on the wrestling. However, they get very little help from UTC's Sports Information Department, which is undermanned as it is, and I don't know what coach Sloan can do because of the cash restrictions."

While I can understand the financial constrainst in the UTC athletic department, when almost every day there is an article for their very average men's BB team and very regularly an article for their very good women's BB team yet no articles for their outstanding top 25 wrestling program, then what money is there needs to be reallocated. With only 5 home dates I'd bet that the wrestling team easily outdraws the womens BB team with around 15 home dates. If anyone out there knows David Uchiyama or Brad Shepard, tell them to give us more coverage. E-mail the paper.