region 5 171

shshunterp2004

whos got any news for 171 in region 5 i think it's going to be a wild regions for placers with aaron martin jeremy jones and sullivan all being great but all being defeatable and who else might join these 3 for our state tournament from region 5 and has anyone heard how okea is doing from riverdale i haven't wrestled him since rutherford county duels when we had an awesome match

Edited by shshunterp2004

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 4th man to qualify is gonna be a good race. There's Oakley from Lavergne, Hunter Pierce from Smyrna, John Kirn from Franklin was at 160, but he told me himself that he would probably move up to 171. However, he's out due to injury right now. Those are probably the top contenders to fill out the 4th place for the region 5 171's. Sullivan, Martin, and Jones could go any way for the top 3. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

The 4th man to qualify is gonna be a good race. There's Oakley from Lavergne, Hunter Pierce from Smyrna, John Kirn from Franklin was at 160, but he told me himself that he would probably move up to 171. However, he's out due to injury right now. Those are probably the top contenders to fill out the 4th place for the region 5 171's. Sullivan, Martin, and Jones could go any way for the top 3. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

WATCH OUT FOR MARTIN. HE'S LOOKING STRONGER THAN EARLIER THIS SEASON.

SOMS

i wrestled martin at the brentwood tour. again this past weekend and i think i've improved a lot from where i was earlier this season and i could tell personally that he has gotten a lot more physically improved and i dont know anyone in our region who is a better technician than he is at our weightclass and i see him beating sullivan and jones unless they have stepped it up a considerable amount

I wrestled Oketa from Riverdale and he is strong, semi-technical and hates bein on bottom. We went all 3 rounds until he beat me 10 to 8. It was a good match. Look for Brentwood's 171 to go far. Blackman has a good shot too. Overall, this is one of the best classes to watch this year.It's a relatively small class as far as numbers go but by far one of the most interesting.The kid from Lincoln Countyhas put up a fight against Blackman, Okete twice, Brentwood,Forrest, and Warren County and he's only been pinned 3 times in 20+ matches. He's a second year guy, don't know alot about him really except he's gonna put up fights on the mat.But look for the ranked guys to make it the farthest, but I encourage everybody to watch this class at Regions.