Bradley @ Soddy Thurs.

BattleBornVolunteer

As a spectator, competitor, coach, and ref I have seen all aspects of this sport. But to criticize a ref for doing his job is crazy. Try it before you criticize people. I didn't know that evrybody is an expert at officiating a match. Yes, it is true that we "officials" don't see everything all the time. We are human and yes we will make mistakes. But to go out and "bash" officials it just isn't right. So texas 23, cobrakid go out next year and try it. I guarantee you it is a lot harder than it looks. I know that I am setting myself for criticism but I'm just tired of reading at how poorly the officiating is in Tennessee. People don't realize that Chattanooga has some of the best officials in the state. So please, please use better judgement than to criticizing officials. AS a coach as well, I sometimes too get a little out of hand at the officiating. But I have to go along with it.

Dear Xander Zone,

Even though I had promised Best of the West to never respond to such an out of touch, emotional (and as snobhater put it) bobble head, I must break my promise since you addressed your post towards me.

If you think that was a bash on officials, please get someone to help with the big words that I used.

Good, did you find that person.

Now, I suggest that someone use the correct channels if they want something done about an official. The channels are there.

I disagree that some "must" ref a match to be critical of a call, they can claim it was wrong without having to go on the mat. Again, not bashing the officials on here.

I have no complaint about last nights job of officiating at SD. I did not lodge one in my previous post.

It is not practical that every fan gets out and officiate a match. Be real.

But, thanks for listing your wrestling resume on here, again, and again. We get it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Xander Zone,

Even though I had promised Best of the West to never respond to such an out of touch, emotional (and as snobhater put it) bobble head, I must break my promise since you addressed your post towards me.

If you think that was a bash on officials, please get someone to help with the big words that I used.

Good, did you find that person.

Now, I suggest that someone use the correct channels if they want something done about an official. The channels are there.

I disagree that some "must" ref a match to be critical of a call, they can claim it was wrong without having to go on the mat. Again, not bashing the officials on here.

I have no complaint about last nights job of officiating at SD. I did not lodge one in my previous post.

It is not practical that every fan gets out and officiate a match. Be real.

But, thanks for listing your wrestling resume on here, again, and again. We get it.

texas 23 since your "trying" and the key word is "trying" to put insult on my quote then maybe you should get help as well...its called grammar check on the computer. As far as "bashing" you made the comment that people are able to say whatever they want and yes that is "freedom of speech" but if your going to sit there and criticze the officials and that is clearly what you are say in your post then maybe you should try it sometime. I guarantee you that you will take a different point of view on it. And as far as the "bobblehead" comment I don't take any offense to that due to the fact that you and whomever made the comment have clearly misidentified me. I'm not Jack Gallagher. And as far as posting my resume on here I'm just telling the straight facts on who I am and am sharing my experience on here. I know you sit there and hide behind your computer trying to be anonymous. Trying to use one line sentences to try to insult people. Please, your insults are outdated like "mama jokes." And as far as replying to ancient posts...here's one for you. you claim that your from Cleveland and that you were a Cleveland Highschool graduate. Then tell me a little about yourself? Since you know everything about me since I posted my "resume" then tell me who you are? Yuor probably some fat old

Now now boys, let's not get personal.

Can we all agree that general statements like "that official stinks" or "he's terrible" are of no use? I would think so. But, I don't see where questioning a specific call is a personal attack on an official and I don't think you must have officiated before to have a legitimate opinion. Many of the times someone thinks the official is doing poorly, the fan might not have a full understanding of the rules. When they point the supposed error of the official, I'll bet reftn will jump in and straighten them out. Who said coacht wasn't educational?

Well, guys, I was there and the officiating wasn't great, although I can't say it affected the outcome. There were questionable calls on both sides. As far as officiating goes, the official calls it as he sees it in his opinion. Maybe this one needs glasses. I didn't see any point in the 2 officials because only one of them made any calls, the other walked around the mat trying to look official. # 2 made no calls or questioned any, so what was the point of having him there. I can't gripe about any specific call, but there was a lack of consistancy in the calls that were made. ( The people there would agree, I think.)

Also, I don't have any desire to ref, but I fail to see how that means we don't deserve good, consistant calls. Please, officials just call it down the middle, and we'll all be happy.

Its amazing how many times on this board you hear from" experts"in officiating, wrestling,and ranking of wrestlers, or coaching, by people who have never done any of the above. Its ok to have opinions, but you lack in credibility if you have never done any of it yourself. my guess is most of the people with the harsh criticism fall into that catagory. Not talking to anyone specific. Just making an observation that i think those people who have coached,wrestled,or officiated would agree with. Didnt see the match but know that meara is a top official and cant imagine him blowing a lot of calls. can he make a mistake, sure, but its hard to picture him being horrible.

In addition to walkenvols comment please note , the 2nd official is not there to make calls in the match. he is just that, a 2nd official to help on a disputed call or a call that the head official may not be 100 percent sure on and he will give his view if asked by the head officilal, to confirm or disagree if the head official was caught out of position and did not have the vantage point of the 2nd official. You will not see him helping to call the match. So thats why he looked as if he was just looking official in your eyes.

messenger, calm down, you're scaring the children. Come on, let's talk about the wrestling. Is it time for Fuller to get some credit? I'm sure that most people expected Cordell to dominate. Someone was saying that Fuller wasn't that good, because he had some losses to some kids that he should not have lost to. I don't care who he lost to, it takes a very good wrestler to hang with Cordell. What year is Fuller?

Its ok to have opinions, but you lack in credibility if you have never done any of it yourself.

themessenger - I understand your credibility point if your saying "in my opinion that ref doesn't have a grasp of how to call stalling" but, when you refer to something specific such as "why didn't the ref penalize the coach for unsportsmanship when he jumped out of his chair yelling and throwing his arms over his head in protest to the takedown awarded as the wrestlers were going out of bounds" be any more credible coming from Dan Gable then from Joe fan off the street?