Powell/AC......

chill

Great win last night for the Mavs after losing early in the season at Powell. AC hit 11 threes last night with Andrew Chaniott hitting his first 5 of the game. Powell never really recovered, but did cut the lead to 3 before Nick Humphrey(18 points) and Michael Mott(14 points) drilled threes to put the game away. Chaniott finished with 21 points and the Mavs shot 70% from 2, 42% from 3, and 80% from the line including 9 of 10 in the 4th quarter. At Powell, the Panthers destroyed AC on the boards, but AC had the rebounding edge last night 22-20. Lee Smith for Powell was the only player in double digits with 14. He was an animal inside, and it's scary how good he can become over the next couple of years with Hargis and Connor. Powell had trouble shooting the ball last night(except Plumlee),and AC took away the post game as much as they could. Powell is not a team that many will want to face down the stretch. AC has hit 25 3's the past two games with Michael Mott hitting 14 of his last 22 from three land.......

Well Chill, I dont know if you were there or not B) , but I agree that Powell could definitely cause some problems in that district. Smith is very formidable inside. They have enough other skill position players to be dangerous. I dont think they shot very well for whatever reason. The big difference between this one and the last game was the defensive rebounding for AC. They didnt allow Powell to dominate them on the boards as they had previously.

Sounds like a great win...keep up the good work AC.

There is no team I've seen that has as many quality shooters as Anderson County. It seems all their players can stroke from 3pt. land. Keep it up! Your guys are starting to play some good ball now, just in time and exactly when you should...

But, it's that always like Eldridge's teams...

Don't overlook anyone, and go win the District!!!

Edited by threeball

I know it's an intangible, but the guys are just looking more confident on their shots, and not passing up any open looks anymore. The thing for AC's opponents is that it's not just one or two guys, they've all seemed to gain in confidence from each others success and AC looks really good to me right now.