Best team in region 2

alcoa119_05

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut has a really strong team especially when they are healthy, but thats not taking anything away from some of the other teams in the region. South Doyle is traditionally a tough team, along with Maryville and Seymour. There are also some teams in this region that would be really tough if they had a full team. Gibbs could be really tough if they were full, along with Union County. As for the 4 wrestlers from each weight, its hard to predict because there could be some big upsets this year. With that said there are some weights that are pretty much a given, 103 will be puckett's for the taking. 215 is pretty much going to be Hazlett.

Farragut has a really strong team especially when they are healthy, but thats not taking anything away from some of the other teams in the region. South Doyle is traditionally a tough team, along with Maryville and Seymour. There are also some teams in this region that would be really tough if they had a full team. Gibbs could be really tough if they were full, along with Union County. As for the 4 wrestlers from each weight, its hard to predict because there could be some big upsets this year. With that said there are some weights that are pretty much a given, 103 will be puckett's for the taking. 215 is pretty much going to be Hazlett.

103 Puckett Gibbs, Hibbert Karns, Long GB, Reghig Mv

112 Abercrombie Far, Webb Sey, Malone Her, Roddy Kin

119 Campbell UC, Henderson GB, Geren SD, Davis Her

125 Breeden SD, Everett Mv, Mountain Far, Munsey Halls

130 Zeits Sey, Talley SD, Cate Halls, Lively GB

135 Tisdale Kar, Anderson Her, Southwood Mar, Lively GB

140 Dix Far, Gainer SD, Sparks Mar, Berry Ful

145 Hall Mv, Farranella Far, Thompson Al, Smith SD

152 Turner Far, Harless Kar, Union Co, Russell GB

160 Blankenship Far, Campbell Sey, Cardwell Kar, Booker UC

171 Thomason Mv, Knox Far, Dailey Gibb, Bookout GB

189 Dunn WB, Cable Mv, Hill GB, Reveiz Far

215 Hazelett UC, Dailey GB, Jackson Halls, Dixon Sey

275 Johnson Sey, Graves Gib, Vandergriff Halls, Telfer Mv

Maryville and Karns fill every weight class which gives them a minimum 12 point advantage over most other teams in region 2, however other teams may have as many or more state qualifiers. Region duals should be Farragut,Karns,Maryville,and Seymour but that is no lock.There are still some key matches left this week. Should be very competitive region team duals and probably the most competitive individual region tournament in years.

After Greenbacks match last night i have to say that they are contenders for top in regions but i don't know how a three way tie works out. I was impressed, especially when Henderson, 119, pinned Mountain, 125, in the first period, i think. And i believe fourth at 119 is up in the air, has Davis wrestled Hibbert from Karns, and if so what was the score.

Edited by alcoa119_05

I think you might be counting your chickens before they are hatched, Henderson might not get the #1 seed after all, they have split matchs this year and Campbell did win the Halls Invitational while Henderson finished 3rd. Campbell has also placed at some really hard tournaments(4th at Bradley, 5th at Woodford County) I'm not sure what henderson placed but I think campbell has the edge on that. Also I do believe he won his other match last by tech fall, against alcoa taking him down and letting him up at least 4 times. I wasn't at the match last night and so I'm not sure if he took him down 4 times. And as for Campbell's match last night, its what you do in Febuary that matters not January.