Portland @ Lipscomb

hsfball

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewer is a competitor. If you think that is being a baby then go ahead. I'm just tired of people always saying he is overrated and that crap. Coach Donovan thinks that Brewer could be in the starting lineup for the Gators next year. When you have a coach like the saying those things then why do you guys try to tear him down. Severe bouts of jealousy. I think he could definitely benefit from getting heavier, but once he develops physically look out. Up here at Macon we played against Marcus Haislip when he was a senior and he looked exactly like Brewer physically and after the game we didn't think he was gonna be all that. Well he gets on a weight program at UT then he leaves after his sophomore year and is a lottery pick for the Bucks. And trust me Brewer is better right now than Haislip was. Of course these people that get on here and talk crap about players know so much more than college coaches do B) . And yes DL gets every call in that dang gym, ask anyone that is NOT from Lipscomb.

Lipscomb played a great game tonight they are really starting to come together and play like the Lipscomb teams i have grown accustomed to seeing. I am really impressed with Mcpherson. I think he is a great player with a wonderful stroke. I am a Portland fan and I usually agree with some of the other posters that Lipscomb gets all of the calls at home. But they didn't tonight there were some bad calls both ways but overall a well called ballgame. By the way Brewer had 29 not 15. Brewer played very poorly tonight and that is a credit to Lipscomb"s team defense. Lipscomb as usual will be a scary matchup come tournament time.

Edited by oldschool74

Brewer is a competitor. If you think that is being a baby then go ahead. I'm just tired of people always saying he is overrated and that crap. Coach Donovan thinks that Brewer could be in the starting lineup for the Gators next year. When you have a coach like the saying those things then why do you guys try to tear him down. Severe bouts of jealousy. I think he could definitely benefit from getting heavier, but once he develops physically look out. Up here at Macon we played against Marcus Haislip when he was a senior and he looked exactly like Brewer physically and after the game we didn't think he was gonna be all that. Well he gets on a weight program at UT then he leaves after his sophomore year and is a lottery pick for the Bucks. And trust me Brewer is better right now than Haislip was. Of course these people that get on here and talk crap about players know so much more than college coaches do ;) . And yes DL gets every call in that dang gym, ask anyone that is NOT from Lipscomb.

Oh i didn't know we had guys on the board in such close contact with coach Donovan. When Brewer goes as a lottery pick, I'll get an agent and declare for the draft.... :)

Hey Trent Percival whats up?? By the way its Jent but your in the right direction. Well Coach Donovan said that in an interview to a Gainsville reporter when he was asked about Brewer. The best thing to do Eagle is just sit and watch what Brewer does. Right now you can't prove that he will be a flop. If he is then time will tell. But when you get a coach as good as that guy is down in Florida then the sky is the limit. By the way Trent how did you figure out it was me??

I never said the kid was going to be a flop. I just don't see him starting at UF next year and being a lottery pick??? I mean come on. Too many better players and overseas guys. Hopefully he'll be smart and have a nice long career at UF and make it first round after his Junior or Senior year as a Gator. But then again, what do i know? I'm just a dumb child. ;)

Brewer is definitely the best high school basketball player I've gotten to see in person. I don't know how well he will do as a freshman, but I expect him to make an impact before he leaves. His quickness is deceptive. Great pull up jumper.

Lipscomb does seem to be coming together. Portland played a very tough defense, but Lipscomb was patient. McPherson and Pennington kept us in the game early. Pharr, Mantlo, Robertson continue to be solid and Mayes quietly works the inside.

#21 for Portland doesn't seem to be getting as much playing time as before, but had a very good game. Hit 3 or 4 pull up floaters in the paint, which freed up Brewer (although he doesn't need much help).

The key to victory...the sixth man! Great job by the DL student section.

Believe it or not there are people that post on this message board that have very close contact with coach Donavan at Florida, I for one am one of those. I cannot believe that someone from Lipscomb could confuse the numbers 15 and 29. Great job Mustangs, you held him to his average, which is the highest in the midstate.