Portland @ Lipscomb

hsfball

I have no dog in this hunt. Although I am very close to both the Lipscomb and Portland coaching staffs. Lipscomb I applaude both your offensive and defensive efforts last night. It was one of there better efforts this year. Lipscombs motion was just awesome to watch last night. And Brent Mc. shot as well as anyone could. Portland played very poorly last night. Corey who I am a big fan of, had a poor overall game. But to play poorly and score 29 I beleive I would take that poor game every time. I thought the Lipscomb staff did a great job of preparing Lipscomb for that game. I don't see why people get down on Corey, what else do you have to see from this kid. He is a good student that makes the grades, he can light you up any given night. For goodness sake he is leading the mid-state in scoring. He has as great attitude and is very coachable. Yes when thinks he is fouled he may grimise, which I prefer he didn't but there are not many kids that play the game that don't do that. I heard a fan talking behind me at the game say "I have been watching SEC basketball for 20 years and Corey Brewer is no SEC player, he will ride the pine." Well to that fan and whoever else beleives that, you simply have no clue about the game. I by no means think Corey is the best in the nation but he is definitely one of them. And if you know many better just let the McDonalds All-American Team Committee know because they say Corey has a shot on there team. Goodluck to both teams the rest of the way!!!!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewer is an exceptional athlete. State champ in the high jump his soph. year (many do not know), great student (early qualifier), and an all around gr8 kid (sings in a gospel group). What else could you ask for? Regardless of his record, he is a marked man (and he knows this) ,but he puts up numbers every night. When you play w/ the Travelers every summer and YOMCA last summer (MVP of 17U nationals) one can see why you would be frustrated @ Portland's success and roster, yet he still smiles and never lets it show. Corey is a class act, especially compared to other local "zeros" who get too much pub on this site. Best basketball student/athlete in the state (meaning you have to go to class)!! i guess that leaves Jamont out!

I really wish people would quit tryin talk bad about Brewer b/c he is awesome. U dont have to like him but u have to respect his game. He scores 29 (they were a quiet 29) and people are saying he had a bad game and i guess he kinda did. thats what's so scary. I dont know if he will start his freshman year or not but hes doin his thing right now and thats what matters right now.