Another Great Giles/BA Game....

PulaskiVols

Another fun game to watch. Would have been a lot better had it not had the little shot clock mishap at the end of the game.

Smith and Wright are easily the two best players I have seen play on the floor at GCHS. Smith was great even though he only played 3 quarters because of foul trouble. Wright is very good as a sophomore. Add some weight to him and he will be as good as there has ever been to play in Tennessee. As for Smith there are not many players in the state that could do what he did tonight. While Wright got the best of him on several occasions, Smith was great at backing him down and putting the ball in the basket.

Wright is going to be a great shooter. His elevation and form on his jumper are great. He handles the ball well for 6'9". Every team in the country is going to be out for him.

Buzz from UT and a recruiter from KU were in attendance tonight! Great game and atmosphere.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GCHS is a tough place to play WesVols. Brentwood is going to be tough tourney time. There are not many players in TN that can take Wright to the glass. If your guard play improves just a little you likely will repeat as State Champions. BA also looks very young and looks as though they are going to be very good the next couple of seasons.

You've got that right! The Eagles are VERY young (only one senior on the team, and he isn't a key player). Plus, they're missing a significant contributor for the duration of the season in SG Josh Bone. It'll be an interesting adjustment, but it sounds like BA's doing well without him.

Channing Coffey 15 points 7 rebounds 3 blocks and 2 steals! The kid doesn't even play in the first quarter. Giles county outscores Brentwood Academy 22-16 in the second quarter and I wonder why? Coffey has 8 points in the second quarter. I would love to see what he does if he plays the whole game. The kid is hands down a starter and its a shame he doesn't play more.

Oh man what a game. But if it is at all possible, forget the game. Afterwards after talking to Buzz Peterson I saw some BA dudes leaving the locker room. I quickly recognized my man Barry Turner and WOW he is a great young man. Most people would be wanting to kick my butt after the way I had mocked and taunted Barry but he was so cool and he said he was laughing at the stuff we said. It was great. Barry is a great guy.

Then I met Mr. Wright. A true class act. This kid is gonna be phenomenal. Maybe he should go to Illinois. Him and Mr. Brian Cook look just alike.

Wow. Great game by both squads. Shame someone had to lose.

Oh man what a game. But if it is at all possible, forget the game. Afterwards after talking to Buzz Peterson I saw some BA dudes leaving the locker room. I quickly recognized my man Barry Turner and WOW he is a great young man. Most people would be wanting to kick my butt after the way I had mocked and taunted Barry but he was so cool and he said he was laughing at the stuff we said. It was great. Barry is a great guy.

Then I met Mr. Wright. A true class act. This kid is gonna be phenomenal. Maybe he should go to Illinois. Him and Mr. Brian Cook look just alike.

Wow. Great game by both squads. Shame someone had to lose.

Barry Turner and Brandon Wright could NOT be nicer guys. Their attitudes are credits to their school and their families, and will carry them past many athletes who may have more talent, but lack comparable modesty. I'm proud of BA for its proficiency on the court, but even prouder of its class.