Channing Coffey

2live

I just think that Channing deserves a thread of his own . He is a great player who would truly be a star on any other team . He gets no appreciation from the coach he proves himself game after game but still does not earn a spot in the starting line-up . Everyone can see that the team WILL NOT win big games without him . He moves great with or without the ball . He will most definately be akey to them winning ANY game next year . I hope that he gets the recognition that he deserves. If you read this Channing just keep your head up and don't worry about the coach yelling at you we all love your game .

Edited by 2live

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand by my post . I take nothing away from Kash and Shay they have both been big time contributors to the team but I noticed when Channing is in the game the whole team seems to get energized ,he brings so much quickness a court awareness to the floor . Kash and Shay should be the leaders of this team they are the two STARTING seniors.

I have been saying this for a long time now...... Channing Coffey is a starter! Giles county is a much better team when Coffey plays significant minutes. Move Kash to the point and let Coffey play the wing for the whole game. That lineup could cause Bolivar or Raleigh Egypt some problems. But by having Coffey come off the bench but not until the second quarter is crazy. Giles county was down by five against Brentwood Academy in the first quarter. Coffey comes in the game in the second quarter and they win that quarter by six. Tyler Smith does not even play the third quarter and Giles county plays even with Brentwood Academy that quarter because Coffey is in the game. If Channing Coffey plays the first quarter Giles county wins the game by at least seven points instead of two. Five points is too many points to give a good team like Bolivar in the state tournament. If Channing Coffey continues to come off the bench this will come back to haunt Giles county in the end. If Kash runs the point and Coffey plays the wing that gives Giles county the best chance of winning it all again!

2live you say that Channing gets no appreciation from the coach based on the fact that he does not start. I can see your argument that CC should start and maybe I agree with that. However, the no appreciation argument seems a bit flawed to me. For example, against BA with the game on the line (4th quarter) who was on the court I think I saw C.C. out there. To me with the game on the line in the final minutes the best players and the ones the coach trust the most should be on the court and they were; to me this is a clear display of appreciation and trust from the coach to one MR. Channing Coffey.

Your thoughts?

Edited by mbn25

The coach had no choice if he wanted to win . To me a coach always wants to start his BEST players . If Coffey is in the game at the end when it counted the most then he is obviously one of the best five on the team.Every player wants to start and I think if you go out there and prove yourself game after game after game then you should get your shot.

Dude's, you should really be coaching high school basketball. I mean you

know so much about what your talking about. I think you missed your calling. I think you would win every game you played, every night you played. You are awesome, I can't believe it. YOUR THE MAN, maybe gomab will let you coach with him. Then everyone else should not even play your team.