11A/12A (Region 6A)

MidTennMan

I have been watching alot of 11A and 12A basketball. I know that the top two teams in the state are in this region respectivly. One being Mt. Pleasant and the other Forrest. I also know there are good teams like Wayne Co., Perry Co., Moore Co., Richland, and Summertown. I have been very interested in the regiong this year as I feel it is stronger as it has ever been, in my opinion. I think at least one team from the region will be in Murfreesboro to represent R6A in the State Tourney. Who will it be? Lets hear some opinions?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been very interested in the regiong this year as I feel it is stronger as it has ever been, in my opinion.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with your statement about these two districts being stronger then ever. If last year's teams from Perry Co., Summertown, and Culleoka were playing against this year's region teams , no one else would stand a chance. These districts are down which is the reason why both Forrest and Mt. Pleasant have done so well. There isn't much competition for Forrest in 11A except Moore Co., and I just don't think that they are all that good. Mt. Pleasant has finished off all their easy district games and will now have to finish out against the best in 12A. Mt. Pleasant's 3 games against Summertown, Wayne Co., and Perry Co. will prove whether or not they deserve to even be in the top 10 in single A ball, let alone #1. However, I do feel that the winner of Region 6A will get a team to Murfreesboro as all of these teams play extremely well at home. There is a slight chance that there will be two teams from the region to make it, but I just don't feel to confidant about that right now with teams like CPA, DCA, NCS, and McEwen coming out of Region 5A.

These posts get more funnier everytime I read'em. Okay, to start off.. Forrest hasn't played any competition? I think they beat the same BGA team that beat Brentwood Academy, and beat AAA Tullahoma, and split with FRA and playing a good East Literature team.. so to say that they haven't played any competition is just insane. And I'm not even going to start on how their strenght of schedule is way better than that terrible Richland team with those two NBA prospects, and an overrated Mt.Pleasant team that plays all Single A team and Whoops a terrible AA school that hasn't seen a win in who knows how long. So I think Forrest will win region with Summertown coming in second. But if you ask raider16... Richland is thebest team in the state with the best players that has 40inch verticals and everyone is dunking on the team, hey I have a question, when was the last time Richland saw a dunk.... Oh yeah , when Jamar dunk on them in the tourney last year, but caleb and whoever that other guy is.. are better than Jamar. :lol:

These posts get more funnier everytime I read'em. Okay, to start off.. Forrest hasn't played any competition? I think they beat the same BGA team that beat Brentwood Academy, and beat AAA Tullahoma, and split with FRA and playing a good East Literature team.. so to say that they haven't played any competition is just insane.

I believe I said that Forrest had no competition in 11A. See we are talking about District and Region play. I did not comment on their non-district schedule. Maybe you should make sure that you completely understand the things that you read before you go off making assumptions.

Edited by ptguard12

GeneP I dont waste my time usually on people like you. To tell you the truth Jamar hasn't even shown me he is the best player on his team anytime Ive seen him. You just wait until Murdock and Moore roll into Chapel Hill next Friday. We will then see who is the best player in the district. Richland will go farther in the tournament than Forrest. GeneP, do you know Jamar's exact averages???

Chris Murdock is avg 18.3 a game and Moore is averagin 18.7 a game with 12 rebounds a game.

I believe you hit the enter buttom to many times... anyway. No I don't know his EXACT averages, but I do know his team is ranked NO.2 in the state, so his average is irrelavant.. his TEAM success is Great.

That's the problem nowday's, people that proabably don't even play basketball, try to sound like their some type of basketball Guru.

If you know basketball you know it's not about ppg or rpg, it's about the WIN. I'm sure Jamar could avg 30ppg, but i don't think his team will win. I believe he does what he has to for his team to win, and myabe that's avg. 18-20 ppg, with alot of rebounds and assists.

And you know what! He average more points than the two NBA prospects , and he see's a box-in-one all the time.

So dude let it go.... They will never be better than Jamar.... And it's not who scores the most , but what you do for your team to win!

Oh Yeah, what's Richland LAKERS record since they have the two best players in the district? :D