who will win at 103?

champ06

Isn't he the 112? That makes a difference. But I agree that he is beatable. I've seen him get spanked. I guess it's a battle to see who can hang with him until the 3rd. That's when most well-conditioned, technical wrestlers would have the advantage over Shelton. He does have a good chance to win states, but he is also beatable.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technique, conditioning and mindset are everything in a state tournament. I can't say anything for his mindset, he is always ready to wrestle, but Shelton will not go far if he does not get in better shape. He could do very well, but I predict he will place 5th or 6th.

I have seen him wrestle 4 or 5 times and he looks good, except when someone knows more technique or can push him into the third period.

I imagine both Puckett and Shelton are cutting a significant amount of weight. I also know (from my own experience) that this can have a large impact on performance if not done correctly. Does anyone know how much trouble either are having at maintaining weight, or if they both have half of their weigh-ins? I think Puckett didn't get down to 103 until around Christmas and Shelton has wrestled a lot of duals at 112 and missed weight at a tourny or two. Will this play into the state tournament results in anybody's opinion?