MJ's Clark injured

Eddie

Mt. Juliet junior Alysha Clark took a hard fall in the second quarter of last night's win over LaVergne. The Lebanon Democrat newspaper is reporting she sustained a crack to the top of her femur and will be out the rest of the season. She'll be on crutches for at least two months. This is a big loss, not only to the Lady Bears, but to all of Middle TN basketball. Alysha was a joy to watch. Best wishes to #22. GET WELL SOON!

alysha will be missed. there's no doubting that. i loved watching her play. shooting left and right handed. she has the heart of a lion and she will return with the same kind of passion she played with during the season but the passion will be more intense. if i could vote for miss basketball alysha would get my vote. good luck alysha

Well this is a devestating loss. To lose Alysha is tough. She averaged 21 pts a game and Mt J was averaging around 60 as a team. So you can figure out the math. The other girls will just have to step up and take their game up a noch. It appears back-to-back state championships are very unlikely now. I remember back in the late 70's Mt J had a tremodus player named Shelia Johansen. That was back in the 6-on-6 days. Mt J had won the 77 State Title and was guning for a repeat when Johansen broke up leg in the district finals against McGavock. This is reminds me so much of that year now.

Mt Juliet has had their share of bad breaks.... 2 years ago right before the start of the season Lockridge one of the twin towers when out for the season in what was a promising year. And if it wasn't for the opening of Wilson Central 4 of their 5 starters would be at Mt Juliet. Oh well, thats part of the game I know. It just hurts to have something like this happen.

This is a devastating loss for the Lady Bear Family. Clark brought so much to the table for her team. I want to wish her a speedy recovery. Always remember champions find a way to win even through adversity. I believe the rest of the Lady Bears will come together and fill the void! Good Luck girls!!! We love you ;)

Remember FAITH, FIGHT, FINISH! :D

How is this going to effect the MJ's lineup? Will MeMe step up and play a little more? And do they have any more post backing up Clark? Will Paige step up in the paint? A lot of questions, but I'm sure Chris and Simms will find a way to keep this team playing championship ball. Just might be a little more guard oriented than they want to be. Good luck girls. You've faced adversity before and you can do it again.